Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she has a lot of talent, i would have thought by now she would be a regular top 50 player. she has the game to be top 30 maybe even higher. i believe she can challenge the lower half of the top 10, players like rubin and myskina. how come she hasn't done much on the tour. she started out pretty good, i remember her reaching the semis of an event awhile back in her first year on the tour. i originally thought she had top 10 potential (after watching her play capriati once at the us open - she got hammered but i could see that she was athletic and had the skills to be a very good player). now i look back on that and think it wasn't really top 10 but it was very good quality certainly could be a top 30 player.

Reactions: Dava

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Shes very inconsistant I think is her problem, I though she would shoot up the rankings and into the top 50 by now, but she has not. I dont know what is the reason for this.

·
Premium Member
19,989 Posts
Gowza...to you everybody has top 30 potential. The thing is, there aren't enough spots to go round...

I don't see it in Marissa, but hey whatever floats your boat. She's a decent player but not mentally strong enough to stay afloat I feel.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not everyone has top 30 potential. but i only name the players who i think do have that potential, you just never hear about the ones who i think don't.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Marissa has top 10 potential. Thanks.

She just beat Bartoli 6-2 6-1 yesterday in 2nd round qualies at New Haven. Maybe she's finally waking up..

·
Registered
13,761 Posts
marissa :eek:

that's a great win jordan ;)

Reactions: Jordan.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:wavey:

Since it's such a great win, you can celebrate by posting in her forum! Simply go to Team USA, go to Marissa's player forum, and start the posting!

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Marissa Irvin is a nice, solid player and on her day is feisty enough to make bigger names work but I doubt she'll have more than the occasional big result.

She's most definitely not top 10 material and hardly likely to make the top 30 unless a grand slam draw opens up somewhere along the line and she can make a good run. Top 60 at best.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
As Marissa said a few weeks ago after defeating Mashona Washington in Stanford Qualifying, "Nobody can beat me when I'm playing well."

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
It probaly will be. And she is.

Thanks.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:p

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:haha:

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
:rolleyes: :wavey:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.