1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
48,006 Posts
Her own fault, I don't why in team competitions she always think she's better than the rest and require special treatments, but French's best hope is with Marion on grass especially,actually will France even qualify, I don't remember anyone else in top 64. :eek:h:

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
It's ridiculous, Marion is way better than any other french player. Apparently the french tennis federation doesn't want to win medals.

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
I don't understand the big deal? She didn't play Fed Cup because they said her father couldn't coach her during it? Someone explain it to me. :lol:

If that's the case, then it's her own fault. She's the only player who wants her own coach during Fed Cup; that's why you have captains. 2 days without daddy isn't going to kill you Marion. He can still watch. :shrug:

Like obviously she's been successful without the FFT help, but so have a lot of other players.

·
Registered
32,514 Posts
She's France only legit shot at a ... 2R.

All countries invite the coaches. The French Federation is just mad that she was successful without their help while all the spoilt brats they've invested in are going bananas against Niculescu.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
She's France only legit shot at a ... 2R.

All countries invite the coaches. The French Federation is just mad that she was successful without their help while all the spoilt brats they've invested in are going bananas against Niculescu.
This is the olympics and a very special event. Marion is a very special player and I could actually see her winning the olympics. :)

I understand that she feels heartbroken. But if she knew all along that she didn't fulfill the national requirements to be elected then she maybe shouldn't be surprised. Did this come as a surprise to her or not?

She is surely the only french girl that could bring home a medal so it's a shame if she can't go.

Reactions: Batemant

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
I don't understand the big deal? She didn't play Fed Cup because they said her father couldn't coach her during it? Someone explain it to me. :lol:

If that's the case, then it's her own fault. She's the only player who wants her own coach during Fed Cup; that's why you have captains. 2 days without daddy isn't going to kill you Marion. He can still watch. :shrug:

Like obviously she's been successful without the FFT help, but so have a lot of other players.
I agree she's silly, but the FFT is still unbelievably petty to exclude their only hope at a medal just because of one of their trivial rules :happy:

·
Veelieving!!!!!!!
5,118 Posts
It's their loss, not Marion's. At this point in tennis one would think that the best players do not have to qualify to play the Olympics. Tennis is different from other sports in that way. The best player's resume's should already qualify them.

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
I agree she's silly, but the FFT is still unbelievably petty to exclude their only hope at a medal just because of one of their trivial rules :happy:
This is also true. :lol: But I mean, isn't FC participation one of the main rules you have to follow to play OG?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It really doesn't help when the situation isn't fully explained and the people involved are dodging the heart of the matter. Incompatible coaching structure could mean a variety of things, but certainly sounds like it could've been worked out.

Playing 2 fed cup ties in 4 years is totally doable. If Marion really wanted to play the olympics, she and her father should've sucked it up and played fed cup by the team's rules.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
It's their loss, not Marion's. At this point in tennis one would think that the best players do not have to qualify to play the Olympics. Tennis is different from other sports in that way. The best player's resume's should already qualify them.
Is tennis really different from other sports in that a player/team needs to qualify? I thought that was pretty much the deal for most sports.

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
Is tennis really different from other sports in that a player/team needs to qualify? I thought that was pretty much the deal for most sports.
I'm pretty sure you have to qualify in at least volleyball, swimming and gymnastics. I thought it was standard practice. :shrug:

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
So she will play in Washington instead Olympics.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The ITF state that she must have competed in Fed Cup. Dont cut your nose off to spite your face, Marion, and certainly dont bother crying about it after.

Reactions: *Jool*

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
So she will play in Washington instead Olympics.
Like she did in 2008 when she played Cincinnati with Amélie Mauresmo. She assumes : "never without my dad", even it's heartbroken.

Many threads on the subject. Story is far more complex than explained by media.

Youngster Victoria Muntean, who's really the best hope born in 1997 has already refused to play for french team : ARTICLE IN FRENCH

Victoria Muntean, après avoir refusé une sélection en équipe de France, proposée par la Direction Technique Nationale, s’est mise en marge de la structure fédérale.

There is something wrong in french federation.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
As much as she is pretty much France's only hope for a medal it's nothing new that she has to fulfill certain requirements to be eligible to play.

No :shrug: I can't think of a sport (summer or winter) where you don't have to qualify. The only difference in tennis might only be that there are rules by the ITF. Usually there are mostly national rules which determine who can compete and you can't.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Her own fault, I don't why in team competitions she always think she's better than the rest and require special treatments, but French's best hope is with Marion on grass especially,actually will France even qualify, I don't remember anyone else in top 64. :eek:h:
Bullsh*t.

She only wants what girls from other countries are getting, which is to have their coach with them. FFT are morons. :help:

·
La nuit je mens
87,989 Posts
France is one of the few country to forbid coaches in Fed Cup and it's a shame. We all know (we saw the pics :sobbing:) that Marion's training is made for her and very special. It's her right to feel like she needs that training since she's doing so well with it and it's her right to want to be well prepared to play for her country. As she said multiple times, she will be useful to France only if she can do what is working for her. She has been playing Fed Cup before but without her dad and she was not useful at all in these conditions.
They don't want her father cause they're jealous for years. What will actually happen if he'd be able to come except that France will have a top 10 player in its team ? Nothing. It's just about hate towards her father.

Well played French Federation. Enjoy your Olympics with nobody in the Women's draw (or maybe Parmentier but it's like nobody too).

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
Bullsh*t.

She only wants what girls from other countries are getting, which is to have their coach with them. FFT are morons. :help:
so what, like marion cant play a couple of matches without daddy.

sharapova has no intention of ever wanting to play fed cup but does it to jump through the hoops for the olympics.

marion is just stubborn and sometimes a persons own stubborness burns them, case in point.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts