Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe she has a lot of potential but what is up with her serve? If she had a good serve she might be a top 20, top 15 player....she took 3 games off of Serena, and that's not a lot in itself, but she nver held serve once (if I remember right) so...she broke Serena 3 times out of 15 games played all together

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
yea her serve is "a dayum shame" :)p Cari)

but, as Serena says, she can take the ball early and many other aspects of her game are good to watch

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Go Marion! Fix that..... serve....

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
her service motion is just painful to watch... how it was allowed to develop that way is beyond me. she said she wanted to mirror Monica's game by playing two hands on both sides. she has a lot of potential but her serve is just... um... a dayum shame... :p

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
She takes the ball very early, but she is limited in a number of ways. To play two hands on both sides one must have great speed or great anticipation. Bartoli doesn't have the speed that is for sure. She doesn't flow on the court. Her style of hitting a ball stops her forcefully as she takes that pounding step forward. She also isn't as fit as she should be.

My lasting memory of her is her large form beside that of her rather small wraith-like father. Looking at him one wonders if Marion were adopted or something. ......... well the or something when she is the child of a physician is rather an interesting speculation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts