Tennis Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,255 Posts
Sad Marina is retiring. She had a nice slice which counts for a lot with me, and always seemed to be a sweet and intelligent woman. I wish her the best post retirement.

Will we still see her as a musician though?
Yeah, this crossed my mind too. I hope with her retirement from tennis she has the time to give more attention to her music, which actually shows a lot of potential.

Lastly I have to say, I adore the video. I love the reference to Bob Dylan's legendary "Subterranean Homesick Blues" video. And Marina's expressions after displaying each card are priceless. Absolutely inspired and lovely way of bowing out of this game. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yeah, this crossed my mind too. I hope with her retirement from tennis she has the time to give more attention to her music, which is actually shows a lot of potential.

Lastly I have to say, I adore the video. I love the reference to Bob Dylan's legendary "Subterranean Homesick Blues" video. And Marina's expressions after displaying each card are priceless. Absolutely inspired and lovely way of bowing out of this game. :bowdown:
This one seems to be new (November):

https://themadera.bandcamp.com/album/voices

·
Trainwreck
58,425 Posts
All the best :).

Tennis success is so rare in NZ that at every sports news segment she'd get a mention every time she won a round at a slam anywhere :awww:.

It's kinda sad that in general we're a great summer sports nation for our size but it was just her carrying the torch for WTA.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
All my faves retiring this year! :bigcry:

Enjoy the rest of your life Marina!

·
Registered
28,605 Posts
Farewell Marina :hug: You will be missed.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
50k views for a scrub? Impressive.

Anyway, I am really glad she manged to win a WTA title.

·
Registered
18,513 Posts
Oh Marina :sad: Her retirement in tennis was kinda synonymous with mine on TF :lol: Lovely girl and got me into following tennis as much as I did - still keep up but never quite able to root for anyone as I did her :awww: Would be nice if she came back as a top doubles player one day but I doubt it, she's sensible enough to move on.

legendary h2h vs Ayumi Morita
BITCH don't even :hysteric:

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
remember her funny win against Bertens in Marrakech semi 3 years ago

destroyed 6-2 5-3 to find a way to win 6-2 6-7 5-7 on slow clay

one of the biggest choke of Bertens career

·
Registered
928 Posts
50k views for a scrub? Impressive.

Anyway, I am really glad she manged to win a WTA title.

only won by default because Lisicki retired after 1 set injured, the other 4 final loses were fairly comfortable, highest rank 39 and on average was a round 2 level player at slams, sorry but saying goodbye to normal players who left no mark on the game is strange. Twitter doesn't even have a blue tick.

·
Registered
714 Posts
She was a nice girl. Here is a video with her dancing during a Players party.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts