Tennis Forum banner

2881 - 2895 of 2895 Posts

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,881
Marina qualified through 100k event, and won first round match - 4 wins on the trot, first time in a while!

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,882
Fantastic week for Marina - in a 100k event she qualified, made it to the semifinals!

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Great week! Did well to beat Zanevska :yeah: Was actually down a set to Alexandra fkn Stevenson in QR1 so :hysterical:

Only pity is that she didn't beat AVU and make the final, she would have given herself a small chance of getting a MDWC for Wimbledon (Ikkley winner gets a MDWC but Rybarikova is already in). Unlikely she'd get one now but a very solid grass ITF season. Pity she didn't close against Krunic otherwise she'd likely have a final and sf on her singles grass season record but oh well.

Onto Wimbledon Q now. I assume Marina will have a low seed if q seeds are done from this week's rankings (after gaining Ikkley points)?? She needs a good draw to qualify, her ranking is 220 without Wimbledon points. Marina isn't playing Fed Cup so at least it seems she'll spend time post-Wimbledon building up her ranking - hopefully she makes it to USO qualies :unsure:

Luckily after this Marina has no points to defend till November, plenty of chance to move back towards top 100 :bounce:

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,884
What a win over Aiva! Will be interesting to see who she draws - there's a few good first round draws.... and there's 3 top 8 seeds she could meet.... kind of hope she draws Kerber!

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
So do I, even though I love Angie :lol: Marina would definitely have a shot with Angie's sporadic form.

In seriousness, Nara, Khromacheva, Beck...so many good draws, hope she doesn't get fucking Pavlychenkova :eek:

·
Witthöft stan
17,084 Posts
Of course she gets #2 seed :rolleyes:

She usually doesn't get a good draw in a Slam.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Defeated Grace Min in Templeton today (or now yesterday) 6-0, 6-4.

Apparently this was her first MD win in a 60k! :eek: I thought that was pretty.. WTF..

Edit: Just realised, they (resultina) must not include 50ks.. NVM..lol. But anyway, this is the first MD win for Marina since the 60ks came into being.

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Surprisingly good win - I didn't know what to expect after she lost to Sanaz fucking MARAND last week :tears: Then again, the seeds are dropping like flies to the Americans in these North American ITFs, plus the Alberqueque altitude - I'll cut her some slack.

AKS next, tough draw. I feel as if Marina could just get rolling and win matches she'd do super well in these and help get that ranking back up. As it is, much of the last 18 months bar Rabat and Wimbledonx2 has been WTF losses, injury breaks, retirements and losing to players she used to handle easily.

Her serve looked like it was popping in R1 so let's hope that continues. With Laura also sucking hard and having a similar story to Marina - plenty of opportunities to come back up, but her level has dropped since injury - at least they have eachother to keep company in these ITFs. Hope they play more doubles.

·
Registered
54,079 Posts

·
Registered
54,079 Posts
2881 - 2895 of 2895 Posts