Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in that they both had an easy final and tough matches before reaching their including their respective 1st round matches. Does anyone have the scores of the matches Jennifer won and the players she beat to win the 01 AO?

·
Banned
53 Posts
gogomaggie said:
in that they both had an easy final and tough matches before reaching their including their respective 1st round matches. Does anyone have the scores of the matches Jennifer won and the players she beat to win the 01 AO?
HOW OLD WAS JENNIFER WHEN SHE FIRST WON HER 1st grand slam????????17 right???? lol. some kind of comparison in there. lol :eek:

·
49,001 Posts
No, Maria beat a Williams Sister en route to her first GS title.

·
Banned
100 Posts
lets not get snippy, just cause jen didnt beat a william sister, she still beat the girl who beat both of them! (and in my opponion is higher up on the "to beat" list)

-NINAdiva

·
49,001 Posts
NINAdiva said:
lets not get snippy, just cause jen didnt beat a william sister, she still beat the girl who beat both of them! (and in my opponion is higher up on the "to beat" list)

-NINAdiva
I should have put a laughter smiley after that, I speaking in jest, because honestly beating a WS really doesn't make your slam win any better or any worse.

·
Registered
107 Posts
gogomaggie said:
Jen only dropped 2 sets in the entire tournament - not especially tough I wouldn't have thought.

·
Banned
100 Posts
In fact beating a william sister is a curse, because they just make it seem as though you didnt really deserv it.

·
Banned
100 Posts
sorry, that was mean...i should have rephrased that. Serena would say "i just lost the match, i only played 20%" and Venus would have tendinitis, or stomach cramps.

:angel:

·
Banned
53 Posts
TakeMeAway said:
the original poster wasnt talking about age but about difficulty of opponents and scores and stuff .... geez ...... yes people we kno maria is only 17 ...... ok then .... right ..... :rolleyes:
obviously dahling. it was sarcasm. comparing a Jennifer to Tennis sensation Maria Sharapova?

·
Banned
100 Posts
TENNISLAM said:
obviously dahling. it was sarcasm. comparing a Jennifer to Tennis sensation Maria Sharapova?
yes well....jennifer at least didnt walk away from the game and become a has-been when the going got tough...which is more than i can say for some...not naming names OF COURSE!

i do have tact, you know :devil:

·
Banned
53 Posts
NINAdiva said:
yes well....jennifer at least didnt walk away from the game and become a has-been when the going got tough...which is more than i can say for some...not naming names OF COURSE!

i do have tact, you know :devil:

oh dahling let's not even go there. or we'll be opening a can of worms on your so called great playa.

·
49,001 Posts
NINAdiva said:
sorry, that was mean...i should have rephrased that. Serena would say "i just lost the match, i only played 20%" and Venus would have tendinitis, or stomach cramps.

People will hear what they want to hear, won't they?

·
Registered
455 Posts
At OZ 01, Jennifer had a tougher 1/4 final opponent in Seles. Sharapova had Sugiyama whom she almost lost to, then Davey whom she almost lost to... Jennifer straight setted both Davey and Hinigs.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Jennifers first slam was a breeze, i has to admit...but then again she played her best tennis there...so its no surprise, thats the kind of tennis which weve only seen maybe once or twice since then...unfortunetly.

Oh and Tennisam-whatever-your-name-is...open a can of what? your own medicine? YOU KNOW WHAT? Jennifer has more talent in her pinky than that crappy over the hill foot killer, ok? Obviously jennifer didnt fufill her talent and win all the slams she would and should have won, but thats the past, and we live in the now. You should take my lead and start living now and not in 1991, ok bitch?

thanks.

·
Banned
100 Posts
and another thing, im not dissing Seles, shes an awsome champ, im dissing you and youre pathetic ideals...she was a great champ and should retire a great champ, unfortunetly i dont see her being ABLE to compete at the level she needs too, Jennifer however still can, ok? THANKS!

some people are real thick.

·
49,001 Posts
NINAdiva said:
and another thing, im not dissing Seles, shes an awsome champ, im dissing you and youre pathetic ideals...she was a great champ and should retire a great champ, unfortunetly i dont see her being ABLE to compete at the level she needs too, Jennifer however still can, ok? THANKS!

some people are real thick.
Geez Nina, you take all the fun out of attacking you because you run back and try to save face after making a harsh post damn-near immediately!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Well now this is the second thread I have read trying to "compare" Maria's win to first Aranxta Sanchez Vicario and now Jen.

Nothing to compare Maria's win with folks. She made history by becoming the first Russian to win Wimbledon and is one of the select few who have won titles in her Slam final.

But outside that, this was as original a Grand Slam victory as any could be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts