Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she was asked how she approached a long, drawn out claycourt battle like she'll have tomorrow, to which she replied:

"...also a lefty, also likes the clay, and I got through that just fine."

^^ i'm pretty sure she was talking about loit.

maria. :help: :weirdo:

patty >>>>>>>> loit.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
OK, if I didn't want this to happen before, now I REALLY want Patty to unleash a ton of whoopass on Maria. I can always dream.

·
Registered
33,068 Posts
OK, if I didn't want this to happen before, now I REALLY want Patty to unleash a ton of whoopass on Maria. I can always dream.
Guess you didn't like that statement.:lol:

·
Registered
52,365 Posts
The difference is that Patty's serve is way better than Loit.
I really hope she comes out tomorrow ready to fight though.

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Guess you didn't like that statement.:lol:
:lol:

Well, it was probably taken out of context. But then again I don't know if most people think she got through Loit "just fine" either.

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
i have the interview in french and she says that it won't be easy against Patty of whom best surface is clay.
She says that last time they played on clay she lost in three sets @ Rome & that she'll have to be patient.
She also says that she'll do what she does the best, fighting, & that she has nothing to lose because Patty has more experience on clay.

:shrug:

·
Registered
115,278 Posts

Who's next!

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Considering that she owns Patty ass, I think she do all right.:devil:
Maybe, though Patty's one win was on clay. ALL of their matches have been tight...I guess that's what we should expect.

·
Registered
115,278 Posts

Lefty's on clay, they're all the same

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This is exactly what transpired during today's interview:

Q. So if you play Schnyder and she's in a tough match right now --

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Mm-hmm.

Q. That's a long, drawn-out kind of tricky match on clay, on a surface that's obviously not your favorite surface and it's one of hers. So how do you approach that kind of battle?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm ready for any battle. It's definitely not an easy match. She's also a lefty, also likes the clay, and I got through that just fine. I'll need to be patient. It's going to be my mindset going into the match. But I also need to be playing my game.

I mean, I've played her on clay before. I think last time I did before was in Rome a couple, few years ago, and I lost in three sets. But, you know, it's a different situation. I mean, I've got to do the things that I still do best and compete and fight, and hope that, you know, I don't have any letdowns. Because, obviously, she has more experience than the girl I played today, and she's not going to let you get away with that.

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
GL, why r u collecting Maria's pics? :shrug:

·
Registered
115,278 Posts
I only collect the funny ones

Reactions: galadriel
1 - 20 of 45 Posts