Tennis Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Maybe it was a good thing Maria did not play San Jose. Now people will talk about Konta's epic beatdown of Serena. Was Serena afraid of something like this and that is why she withdrew from the RG match at the last minute?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yay Maria! Please play and don't withdraw. Need to see you in those orange outfits Nike designed for the US Swing 😂

If she plays both events I would be happy to see her get some wins and confidence under her belt so she is ready for the US Open. Don't need a repeat of the grass season preparation.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Very nice :cheer:

She always sucks in Canada so really just hoping she'll win a match or two to set herself up for Cincy and then the USO.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Maria on the entry lists for Beijing, Tianjin and Moscow.

I’ll be amazed but very pleased if she plays all 3 again.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Maria on the entry lists for Beijing, Tianjin and Moscow.

I’ll be amazed but very pleased if she plays all 3 again.
She’s on it probably because it’s PM.

I know she has committed to Tianjin but I think she prefers Moscow and hopefully play well there for once. Last year due to the weather she had to play 6 matches in 7 days including two time zones which I don’t think is something she looks forward to.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You would hope and think that Beijing is the most likely of those tournaments that she will play with the potential points on offer. It will be disappointing if she doesn’t try to go and defend Tianjin, and if Vika plays it with her, will make it much more interesting. When she took the last minute WC to Kremlin Cup last year I was surprised and sort of assumed it would be a one off. But reading elsewhere on this sub forum about her thoughts on possibly trying St Petersburg, somehow doesn’t make sense if she’s talking of cutting her schedule for 2019

81 - 98 of 98 Posts