Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
We still don't know if she's going to play both tournaments. She said "I think Middle East coming up" but it wasn't her official confirmation that she will show up in both, Dubai and Doha.

Personally, I think she will play in Doha, and Dubai depends on her result in Qatar.
I hope she plays both. I don't know why she hasn't played Dubai a lot more often throughout her career. I personally love the courts and the atmosphere in Dubai. You'd think that someone like Maria would enjoy playing there but for some reason she hasn't played there that often.

·
Registered
24,991 Posts
Now that Doha is definite, I bet Dubai will depend on her result that week. Hopefully she does well enough in Doha that she won't feel she needs Dubai, and gets her body ready for the IW-Miami swing

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I really would love Maria to play Charleston and I am very much looking forward to her playing in Birmingham as she has signed a contract to play there and hopefully it will be the perfect way to prepare for winning her 2nd Wimbledon Singles title that I so badly want her to win more than any other Grand Slam.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
According to posts in GM, withdrawals from St Petersburg are expected. Why not enter and get some points? The Russian crowd will love her. Also, the top seeds for Taipei have withdrawn.

Even a few hundred more points will help her in the seeding for FO.

·
Registered
566 Posts
According to posts in GM, withdrawals from St Petersburg are expected. Why not enter and get some points? The Russian crowd will love her. Also, the top seeds for Taipei have withdrawn.

It would but it’s not guaranteed that she would win, no? And to think about all those last min arrangement to be made not only her but her team as well?

·
Registered
27,027 Posts

She's never had a good record in Russia so the 'crowd is on her side' argument is not good enough for her to enter the tournament. I'm glad that she decided to enter Doha instead. She has won the tournament twice before and the conditions there play out well enough for her game. Her target for the next couple of months should be to get enough points to earn herself a seeding at the French. That's it. Everything else is a bonus.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

She can't risk playing a lot and get injured again like last clay season.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The question is how she gets enough points to be a high seed in a GS without getting injured like last year.
She changed her approach into fitness and has a new physio. Maybe it will make a difference when it comes to getting injured every two weeks.

Wysłane z mojego F3211 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
She changed her approach into fitness and has a new physio. Maybe it will make a difference when it comes to getting injured every two weeks.

Wysłane z mojego F3211 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I don't think much will change just because she changed physio. I don't know why people blamed the physio for her injuries woes. She was having them even in 2013 whne she had another physio.

I side eye her training if she does what she posts on social media because not only many of them are useless, they are also dangerous for her joints.

I still think her movement was suspect this AO.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts