Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Less than super Mariam today.

I fancy that there was an MTO at 1-2* final set. Let's see if she turns up for Wimbledon qualies on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
Thanks for the photos. :)

Mariam qualified for junior Wimbledon with another good win over Aiava. :yeah: Unfortunately drew Katie Swan in R1. :tears:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You don't follow Swan, do you? She's not in a good place right now, tennis-wise.

Mariam partnering McNally (half her age) in doubles.

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
I saw her match against Babos and thought she looked pretty good in that second set. Sadly she had to retire today, but happy for Mariam nevertheless.

Next match against Thandi. :happy: Her 7th match in the last two weeks and she's only played 4 different opponents. It would be a shame if she loses to Thandi this week...

Some photos from today:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Took an MTO against Swan at *1-2 first set. Looked like she was treated for a left hip problem, more than thigh. Not the leg that is taped. There was no obvious sign of discomfort after treatment.

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Mariam is through to the dubs QFs with Caty McNally! :D

They beat Cao/Lommer 4-6 6-3 6-2 in R1 yesterday, and they've just routined 8th seeds Burrage/Udvardy (who won the title in Roehampton last week) 4 & 1 in R2 :cool: :yeah:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Mariam and Caty slay 2nd seeds Anisimova/Sanford 7-5 6-7(5) 6-3 :eek: :yeah: and move of to the SFs where they'll face 3rd seeds Juvan/Swiatek :awww:

·
Premium Member
65,154 Posts
Wow! After slaying the 2nd seeds yesterday, they thrashed 3rd seeds Juvan/Swiatek in SF today, 1 & 3 :bolt: :worship:

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
Those endless DFs on GPs at 2-3 in the third. :tears: I have to admit that I was disappointed with her results in the last two weeks, but she is definitely not in bad form. From all I've heard, she's a hardworker, so if she finds a second serve and makes her forehand more consistent, she could make the top 100 in ~6-7 years IMO.

P.S. Dzalamidze is just disgusting. :happy:

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Mariam won this week's Georgian 10K, beating Pospelova in two tight sets in the final.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Sharm 15K R1:
Kirsten-Andrea WEEDON (GUA) 6-4 6-4 Mariam BOLKVADZE (GEO) [7]

Weedon is 28 years old with a career high ranking of 977. What's going on?

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
She has too many holes in her game and mentally she seems to be getting worse and worse over the last year or so.

Starting out her season in April for the second year in a row hardly helps as well. I expect her to disappear for a good 5-6 weeks at least after she's done with next week's Cairo too. :lol:

41 - 60 of 75 Posts