Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Because of photoshoots? Oh dear! Considering she is under pressure to deliver, you have to ask is she committed to Tennis or money?

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
Marshmallow said:
Because of photoshoots? Oh dear! Considering she is under pressure to deliver, you have to ask is she committed to Tennis or money?
And the difference between her and Venus and Serena is ...............?

Because Venus and Serena do the same, so what's the difference?

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Justine Fan said:
And the difference between her and Venus and Serena is ...............?

Because Venus and Serena do the same, so what's the difference?
why bring venus and serena into it? not spoiling for a fight by anychance? :p

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
james mack said:
why bring venus and serena into it? not spoiling for a fight by anychance? :p
Not at all - no I'm not spoiling for a fight.

The reason I said it was because Marshmallow said what he said regarding Maria (who I'm no fan of), but to be fair, Venus and Serena do the same, so why was he stating this fact? That's all!

He seems to diss Maria for some reason, when the players he supports does exactly the same thing. So I just want to know, what the difference is between the 3 of them. That's all. No fight - I promise! :angel:

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
Smeagol said:
5 and 7 >1
Very true, but still what has slams got to do with what Marshmallow said in his original post?

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Justine Fan said:
Not at all - no I'm not spoiling for a fight.

The reason I said it was because Marshmallow said what he said regarding Maria (who I'm no fan of), but to be fair, Venus and Serena do the same, so why was he stating this fact? That's all!

He seems to diss Maria for some reason, when the players he supports does exactly the same thing. So I just want to know, what the difference is between the 3 of them. That's all. No fight - I promise! :angel:
fair enough :yeah:

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Marshmallow said:
Oh dear! Considering she is under pressure to deliver, you have to ask is she committed to Tennis or money?
:rolleyes: & what psychological theory is this based on? The same ones as those 'unamed' ones you use in your easily disintegrated subjective analysis of Kim.

This is a smart decision by Maria. She is playing Dubai instead and as a result gets a week off before Indian Wells. Sure Doha is a weaker field and she has a greater chance of winning, but my guess is Maria would back herself to win either event and it is better for her to face the top girls anyway.

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
That article is bullcrap :tape:

They missed out the bit where Maria also said shes missing Wimbledon to have her hair done and might take the USO off for her nails well :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,554 Posts

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
Naomi_85 said:
:rolleyes: & what psychological theory is this based on? The same ones as those 'unamed' ones you use in your easily disintegrated subjective analysis of Kim.

This is a smart decision by Maria. She is playing Dubai instead and as a result gets a week off before Indian Wells. Sure Doha is a weaker field and she has a greater chance of winning, but my guess is Maria would back herself to win either event and it is better for her to face the top girls anyway.
:lol: :lol: :yeah:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have defended Maria in the past, but if she did blow off a tournament so she could do photo shoots, something is wrong somewhere. That's especially true since she got blown out of her last tournament.

I think she has made enough money now and needs to spend a little more time looking for a coach who'll teach her to do more than stand around looking perplexed when her normal stratagy is not working, which it wasn't in Tokyo.

She cannot coast on her 2004 Wimbledon victory forever. Time to put down the lip rouge Maria and buckle down to some old fashioned tennis instead.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
As has been pointed out, Maria was never entered at Doha; she's playing the stronger of the two tier II events - Dubai.

Doha = 2 top ten players entered; 6 top 15 players

Dubai = 6 top ten players; 11 top 15

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Dan23 said:
That article is bullcrap :tape:

They missed out the bit where Maria also said shes missing Wimbledon to have her hair done and might take the USO off for her nails well :rolleyes:
:haha:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts