Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an interesting article from Maria's grandmothers perspective and it's located at www.russianlondon.com/uknews/sport/21404

Maria's grandmother Galina played a role in Maria's parents move from Belarus to Siberia after Maria was conceived. She didn't want Masha to be born and live in Belarus where that fallout from the Chernobyl disaster was being felt.

I just hope now that Masha is going to be very wealthy that she take care of her grandmother and find her better living conditions than she currently has.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thanks cat, thats one of the most interesting articles ive read about her. Great information on Masha's history

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome no1. This is a different kind of article on Maria. It's through her grandmothers eyes and that's why I posted the link to it. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
the cat said:
...It's through her grandmothers eyes...
"grandmothers" - from your posts I thought the article writes about 2 grandmothers of Masha.

By the way, babushka Galina is still so young.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No MSF. I meant one grandmother. And Galina Sharapova sounds like a wonderful grandmother. :)

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
the cat said:
...Galina Sharapova sounds like a wonderful grandmother.
Maybe she is also Dasha's grandmother?

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes she is. Good point MSF. I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
that article goes back to post Wimbledon 2004, EVERYTHING has changed since then. The grandmother has been moved into a nice apartment but Yuri told her that if she ever speaks to the media again she will be cut off from the family.

Also, Maria is seeing, not necessarily dating Andy Roddick right now, but they definetly have a casual bf/gf thing going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts