Tennis Forum banner

Who will win this Semifinal match in Sea Island?

• Anna Kournikova

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Maria Sharapova

Votes: 44 53.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
although I would like to see Anna win this, I have a feeling Maria will win in 3 close sets.

Well done Anna for so far reaching the semis!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
If Anna wins the first set, in two and if Anna loses the first set, in three ;) LOL.. does that make sense?

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
Maria....

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Anna I think is feeling better now that shes won 3 straight matches

I always felt if that she won her first match she'd win the whole thing

Kournikova (RUS) def. Sharapova (RUS) 6-4 4-6 6-3
Something like that

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RUS_4_EVER said:
If Anna wins the first set, in two and if Anna loses the first set, in three ;) LOL.. does that make sense?
i understand ;)

if anna plays her game and plays well she will win easily...of course since it is anna, you never know what you are going to get...but im really hoping anna pulls through...PLEASE ANNA...PLEASE...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would be shockingly dissapointed in Anna served 38 double faults and made 20 unforced errors.
I don't think I will be shockingly dissapointed for this one. :)

·
Registered
24,193 Posts
i think this is anna's match to lose and maria's match to win- no matter how you slice it. i think anna will take it in three. she has won pretty easily the last 2 matches, so i think this will be tougher, but she will be ready.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I don't really know enough about Maria to start saying this and that about her, but I think if Anna is solid then she should pull the win.

What time does this match start tommorow, I will be glued to my computer!!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Sharapova is good, but I'm starting to think Dinara Safina will be the better player

her rank is half that of Sharapova and shes what 6 months older

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
This is actually a big match for Anna - she can beat Sharapova but she will properly have to work for it.

GO ANNA !!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Safina and Vera Z are my pick of the Russians, then Elena D, and Ana M. I think they will hold the top 5 spots of the coming years. If Anna can pick up her consistancy then she could join them. I also think Maria could but as I have said I don't know about her that much.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Maria will probably eventually crack the top 5

but the thing I question is her mental fortitude
because like Kournikova she has all the talent but can she put it on the court

I'm starting to think Anna will get back to the top 10, she seems to have the ambition, drive and work ethic

and to actually play challengers is really an assertion that shes dead serious

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Anna: Rank 72

Maria: Rank 163

I pick Anna to win it. Though she may have a brief hiccup if she must serve it out, Maria will then return the favor by making untimely UEs of her own, & Anna will win.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Anna 6-2 6-3... Maria just hasn't played well lately, and hasn't proved she can beat the top level of the tour.

I really want Maria to win though... not just because she's facing Anna... but whatever.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I am really looking forward to this match! :D I think Anna's experience and finesse will pull her through. But they both lack a killer instinct and mental toughness. So if Maria has a good day and Anna struggles, then Maria could win. I bet they both will be very nervous.

mmcdonald, Dinara is 1 year older than Maria, not 6 months.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts