18,873 Posts
Re: Maria Sharapova in Luxemburg 2019

So Maria will lose in R2 of Luxembourg to Kerber. Wise choice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts

So Maria will lose in R2 of Luxembourg to Kerber. Wise choice :rolleyes:

If she is playing. I kinda wish she had taken the injury PR this way she won’t have to rely on WC. Guess we won’t see her in Australia next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Maria played once in Lux (2003) and lost to Clijsters in SF :p

R1 Maria def. Flipkens 6-2 7-6
R2 Maria def. Arvidsson 6-1 7-6
QF Maria def. Anca Barna 4-6 6-3 6-2
SF Maria lost to Clijsters 0-6 3-6 :sad:

But Maria was really young back then. 16 yo I think.

Did anybody here watch these matches and remember them ?
I could not find videos of these matches on youtube :(

·
Registered
503 Posts

What is the point of playing here? She is going to lose like 1-6 0-6 to Kerber. Just embarass youself even more Maria.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts

^ She doesn't owe you any explanations how she wants to finish her season. If she wants to play one more event (even for just one match) it's her own business.

Stop coming here if you have nothing else to say

·
Registered
961 Posts

What is the point of playing here? She is going to lose like 1-6 0-6 to Kerber. Just embarass youself even more Maria.
What is the point of your post?
Maria can play tennis for the next 20 years and lose in the 1st round of every tournament she enters. It's her choice. If she wants it and feels good about it we have nothing to say.

Maria is not losing and having a terrible season beacuse she's lazy. She has a permanent injury which rule her out of playing the game she loves and finish career on a high note. It must be hard for her too. We should support her, it's the only thing we can do right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I don't understand why you complain, for me the important thing is to see her compete

·
Registered
503 Posts

What is the point of your post?
Maria can play tennis for the next 20 years and lose in the 1st round of every tournament she enters. It's her choice. If she wants it and feels good about it we have nothing to say.

Maria is not losing and having a terrible season beacuse she's lazy. She has a permanent injury which rule her out of playing the game she loves and finish career on a high note. It must be hard for her too. We should support her, it's the only thing we can do right now.
Then what is the point of playing with permanent injury? She will only hurt herself more while playing + she will lose anyway and it does not give her any confidence. If she wants to compete, she should wait till its completely healed or retire from tennis. She is doing stupid desicions when playing with those injuries.

·
Registered
613 Posts

PHP:
Then what is the point of playing with permanent injury? She will only hurt herself more while playing + she will lose anyway and it does not give her any confidence. If she wants to compete, she should wait till its completely healed or retire from tennis. She is doing stupid desicions when playing with those injuries.
I got to be honest it is starting to get old. I am very sad for her but perhaps it's time to realize that the end is inevitable. I do want to see her play but only if she has a chance to play at her best level. That is pretty much impossible with that recurring injury.

·
Registered
52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

imagine my shock...

real question now is if she plays qualifying in Melbourne...:spit:

·
Registered
52,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maria will get a main draw WC for sure at Aus Open.

And about her injury. Well, her body says: "Stop ! No more professional sport."

·
Registered
503 Posts
She is not a tennis player anymore, her body is not going to withstand that pressure, even Clijsters after two pregnancies will come back more athletic and fresh than Maria. Maria should retire this year or next year as she is not going to Olympics. She can enjoy her life as a celebrity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts