Tennis Forum banner

741 - 746 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Lol @ you trying to sound like a know-it-all just by repeating yourself and saying what is already known.

Everyone knows how the qualification rules work and I simply disagreed with part of it. You can't compare a fed cup team of four with an actual delegation that plays a team sport at the Olympics. Even though fed cup is a team competition, tennis remains an individual sport with an individual goal at the Olympics (which is Maria's case) unless you're playing doubles or mixed. At the end the rules are the rules and that's it, some are fine with it, some are not, some don't care. Deal.
No deal.
Your disagreement in reality is the proof you do not understand the basics of the Fed Cup and any team event.
1. Fed Cup is a team event, all players are simply members of the team. They are with equal rights before the play begins.
2. The most basic right of any sportsmen is the right to participate in a competition, but the player CANNOT be forced to play. A player even cannot be forced to show on the court, he/she could lose the match being far away from it.
3. The final decision to compete or not always belongs to the player and he/she could take it at any moment. Even if the coach or the captain of the team decides the player will play, the player could agree or disagree.
4. In each team event of any sport there is a minimum number of players who could win the competition. For Fed Cup that number is 2. For football (soccer) it is 8 and so on. The rest of the members of the team are not obligated to play.

That's why the Fed Cup rule you want changed will never be changed. It simply represents the basic rights of the sportsmen and the team.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
No deal.
Your disagreement in reality is the proof you do not understand the basics of the Fed Cup and any team event.
No matter how hard you're trying to prove this point, it's still a no. :shrug:

1. Fed Cup is a team event, all players are simply members of the team. They are with equal rights before the play begins.
2. The most basic right of any sportsmen is the right to participate in a competition, but the player CANNOT be forced to play. A player even cannot be forced to show on the court, he/she could lose the match being far away from it.
3. The final decision to compete or not always belongs to the player and he/she could take it at any moment. Even if the coach or the captain of the team decides the player will play, the player could agree or disagree.
4. In each team event of any sport there is a minimum number of players who could win the competition. For Fed Cup that number is 2. For football (soccer) it is 8 and so on. The rest of the members of the team are not obligated to play.

That's why the Fed Cup rule you want changed will never be changed. It simply represents the basic rights of the sportsmen and the team.
Again, you're repeating yourself and blabbing information we all know.

Not agreeing with certain rules doesn't mean not understanding them. The ITF makes them clear. Simple enough. The only "team" thing tennis in regards to Olympics is the qualification for a certain amount of spots. Stop trying to make it sound like a big deal just because someone doesn't agree with part of the rules. Plus, my original post had ":eek:h:" and ":p" so that hardly can be taken into a proper statement since I mentioned Maria got away to count this tie just by showing up. That's it. If you wanna keep being too serious about it, that's your problem.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Not agreeing with certain rules doesn't mean not understanding them.

Stop trying to make it sound like a big deal just because someone doesn't agree with part of the rules.
You still did not get it. It is a big deal. It is the same, saying "Do not agree the Moon circles around the Earth" and stating simultaneously "I understand the Solar system".

You could have easily avoided this discussion by saying "Yes, the rule cannot be changed, but I do not like it".
Because there is very big difference between "do not agree" and "do not like".

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
You still did not get it. It is a big deal. It is the same, saying "Do not agree the Moon circles around the Earth" and stating simultaneously "I understand the Solar system".

You could have easily avoided this discussion by saying "Yes, the rule cannot be changed, but I do not like it".
Because there is very big difference between "do not agree" and "do not like".
As if I post to avoid discussions or not, get a grip. :spit:

I clearly stated it that I'm not much of a fan of the rule and that I don't agree with it to an extend (with smileys to top it off to take the seriousness out of it). It's not like I hate the current system or I have a problem with it at all. Basically more neutral towards it than against it. Stop making a big damn deal of a harmless statement.

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
As expected that Maria plays no Fed Cup :sad:

The Russian Fed Cup team for Europe/Africa Zone is :p
Daria Kasatkina
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anastasia Potapova
Margarita Gasparyan
Natalia Vikhlyantseva
Captain Igor Andreev (RUS)

But I hope she will play in April (hopefully Russia will reach World Group 2 play-offs :tape:)

741 - 746 of 746 Posts