Tennis Forum banner

721 - 740 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I feel bad that Maria had to waste 4 hours of her life supporting that mess. I feel embarrassed for her that she even has to be seen in public with the rest of her useless teammates. They cost her a Fed Cup title a few months ago and, today, they brought shame on the entire country of Russia.
Impeccable.

·
SharaFamily
21,146 Posts
They deserve to lose
All top 32 player with great result in January but can't get 1 win against 2 player outside Top 100

Congratulation NED, Kiki and Richel play really well here. Too bad they can't gain point in Fedcup, play like Top 50 player :)

I know It's Kuznetsova want to play but If i was Russia captian, I would pick Kasatkina play 1st today...Anyone know Kuznetsova will lose. Smart choice from Myskina :yeah:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I wonder if Maria will be considering Doubles or Mixed Doubles at the Olympics I do wish she would play Doubles or Mixed Doubles in the Grand Slams I would love to see her win a few titles in Doubles & Mixed Doubles.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
No matter what thread I log into....I can never get an idea of when Maria will be seen on a tennis court, racket in hand, ready to serve or return to an opponent.

As problems of one's own making go, this one is relatively minor, and exaggerated this morning.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
I wonder if Maria will be considering Doubles or Mixed Doubles at the Olympics I do wish she would play Doubles or Mixed Doubles in the Grand Slams I would love to see her win a few titles in Doubles & Mixed Doubles.
she's a scrub at doubles :grin2:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
:lol: So she didn't play the doubles. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I've never seen Maria play a doubles match, but I hear it's.. something.

Is she actually approved for Rio now? I've looked all over GM, but nobody seems to be saying whether her appearance in the stands was enough or not.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
:lol: So she didn't play the doubles. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I've never seen Maria play a doubles match, but I hear it's.. something.

Is she actually approved for Rio now? I've looked all over GM, but nobody seems to be saying whether her appearance in the stands was enough or not.
Trend setter says yes. I think it would be bad manners to ask for documentation. I am just going to take his word. Literally.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
The ITF OG Eligibilty rule is not that hard to understand :rolleyes:

A player must be "part of the final nominated Davis/Fed Cup team at the time of the Draw, and is present at the
tie, on a minimum of three (3) occasions in the 4-year Olympic cycle (from the conclusion of the
2012 Olympic Tennis Event until the beginning of the 2016 Olympic Tennis Event), provided that one
of those occasions is in either 2015 or 2016."

SO YES SHE HAS FULFILLED THE ITF REQUIREMENTS

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
No comment on Russia's fuckery this past weekend.

Honestly she got away with it but I wish the ITF would make the players PLAY rather than just show up. :p Hopefully that changes in the future. :eek:h:

No. :rolls:

Girl is barely playing any tournaments nowadays, hard to think she'll ever play two events in the same week.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
No comment on Russia's fuckery this past weekend.

Honestly she got away with it but I wish the ITF would make the players PLAY rather than just show up. :p Hopefully that changes in the future. :eek:h:
You simply do not understand sport & tennis, if you think so. This rule will never change, because you cannot force any player playing.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
You simply do not understand sport & tennis, if you think so. This rule will never change, because you cannot force any player playing.
The one who doesn't understand seems to be YOU. It is not about forcing but completing a requirement, hardly a big task and a qualification process is a common norm in ANY kind of sport. This is regardless of whether it is for the Olympics or not.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The one who doesn't understand seems to be YOU. It is not about forcing but completing a requirement, hardly a big task and a qualification process is a common norm in ANY kind of sport. This is regardless of whether it is for the Olympics or not.
Again your words confirm you do not understand the team requirements. The requirement is to participate in the team not to play a match. Read the rules carefully and try to understand them prior to expressing an opinion.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
Again your words confirm you do not understand the team requirements. The requirement is to participate in the team not to play a match. Read the rules carefully and try to understand them prior to expressing an opinion.
Lol @ you trying to sound like a know-it-all just by repeating yourself and saying what is already known.

Everyone knows how the qualification rules work and I simply disagreed with part of it. You can't compare a fed cup team of four with an actual delegation that plays a team sport at the Olympics. Even though fed cup is a team competition, tennis remains an individual sport with an individual goal at the Olympics (which is Maria's case) unless you're playing doubles or mixed. At the end the rules are the rules and that's it, some are fine with it, some are not, some don't care. Deal.

721 - 740 of 747 Posts