Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters, I have no first hand inkling as to how good Sharapova plays. The last time I saw her play was at Wimbledon 2008, where she was mercilessly trodden over by fellow Russian Alla Kudraytseva, who in addition to injury added insult by saying Maria's outrageous dress sense made her more determined to win!

On my part, I didn't like what Kudraytseva said because my limited fashion sense loved her white "Tuxedo-top and shorts" ensemble. Had it been her day, it would have gelled well with her victory in a near-perfect professional dress code.

However, her dress sense and my observation of her dress sense is not what I intend to project here. It's about the "cool chic" attitude that she has displayed both as a tennis pro as well as a successful model that makes me write about her.

The long golden earrings in tandem with blonde tresses and long willowy legs make me mention her, not to avoid her injury-led disappearance from the tour, which has cast a shadow over the star cast, creating a vacuum of sorts.

The Jankovics, Ivanovics, the Safinas, the Williamses are all there, but the need for a Sharapova to complete the entire package has arisen. It's pressing close to a year since she participated in her last event.

In the new year so far, she has not done anything to assure her fans of her comeback, as she has pulled out of every important tournament citing her still sore shoulder.

And as the clay season looms over in the horizon, the expectations have probably dwindled a bit.

The knowledge that Sharapova isn't exactly compatible with the slow surface will tend to act as a detractor for her predicted comeback (i.e., if she is completely sure of making one this time).

A lot of references are being made to Sharapova and Anna Kournikova these days hinting at how Sharapova might end up just being a glam quotient due to her injury, in a manner similar to how Kournikova ended up.

With all due respect to Anna, I wish that these rumours and predictions stop shuffling around.

It's bad enough that Sharapova is unwell and instead of ruing the fact that a gem is missing from the brooch, its inhuman and vitriolic to pass such comments.

Favouritism is not a bad thing, but being a sadistic fan is not good either!

As for Sharapova, I hope she ignores such unwarranted precedents and concentrates more and really swell hard on getting back to the place where she rightfully belongs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/152296-maria-sharapova-awaiting-thy-resurrection

Great article! :worship:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
yes what a great article
:worship:

·
Registered
11,023 Posts
:hearts:
oh and manatee and daviator if u hate sharapova threads don't enter, pretend they don't exist:) :wavey:

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts