Tennis Forum banner

1141 - 1149 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
After the US Open Maria is the new #103 ! :)
New ranking #41 when the new rankings are released a week today.

Up 62 places in 4 months is pretty good all things considered. If you discount the off season then 3 months.

5 tournaments later... 4 if you don't include Moscow due to the circumstances.

Would be interesting to see over the same time frame if she has risen the most ranking places in comparison with others in the same ranking range.

I would put money on a nice seeded place for the French. ��

·
Registered
52,979 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Apart from the points coming off for Stanford, this will be her last chance to gain points before US Open, Beijing etc come off.
I would love to see her do as well as she did in the clay warmups. A QF at a few of the events will get her comfortably in the top 20 before the US Open.

In terms or seeding I don't think it matters that she is in the top 16 or not after seeing what happened at the last slam.

I think she will play Stanford (new site), Cincinatti and then the US Open. Think she may skip the Canadian Open as she doesn't usually perform well there.

I would like to see her play Japan prior to Beijing but probably not going to happen.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I have to say, I'm a bit of a dud when it comes to ranking points, but it looks to me she already has more ranking points, this year, than she had up to Stuttgart in May last year?

1141 - 1149 of 1149 Posts