Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of you calling her overhyped, who has the last laugh now :lol:

congratulations on winning your first grandslam :worship:

i would say shes alot better than anna now, winning wimbledon at 17 beating Lindsay and Serena

who would have thought she would have won a slam before kim clijsters??? :wavey:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
959 Posts
I wanted Maria to win, I thought she could do it, no way in straight sets and almost bageling Serena in the 1st set :worship:

BTW some williams fans posted a couple of days ago some threads to celebrate "Serena triumph" :lol: where are all of them now? :lol:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Jeleno Benesovo said:
I wanted Maria to win, I thought she could do it, no way in straight sets and almost bageling Serena in the 1st set :worship:

BTW some williams fans posted a couple of days ago some threads to celebrate "Serena triumph" :lol: where are all of them now? :lol:
Changing their names :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Golden State Of Mind
5,649 Posts
Jeleno Benesovo said:

Actually, the funny thing about this post as about this thread is when you generalize you get stuff wrong. Not all the threads stating Serena would win or handed her the championship were made by Williams fans. And not all Williams fans started posts that said Maria was all hype either. But then again I guess it's cool to fixate on the [i[fans[/i] who had an incorrect opinion or viewpoint rather than join in with all the fans who are congratulating Maria and really both women on todays match.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Syndil said:
Actually, the funny thing about this post as about this thread is when you generalize you get stuff wrong. Not all the threads stating Serena would win or handed her the championship were made by Williams fans. And not all Williams fans started posts that said Maria was all hype either. But then again I guess it's cool to fixate on the [i[fans[/i] who had an incorrect opinion or viewpoint rather than join in with all the fans who are congratulating Maria and really both women on todays match.
This kind of thread (a bit like my own) would never pop up if your fan base didn't have the loudest idiots of all

·
Registered
768 Posts
PS don't ask me to give names, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
She won one GS. Wait what will happen. I mean Iva Majoli won the FO and then.... :confused:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
All I'll say is the Williams Sisters will be back!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
She did prove me wrong, I feel happy for her but I feel sorry for Serena at the same time as she played a horrible match which was VERY frustrating.:sad:

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Yes, she did prove a lot of people wrong. I was hoping for Maria to win mainly because she beat my fave (Lindsay in the semi's) and because she is one of those players on my "second fave" list.

It was a refreshing change to see the way the whole final was conducted between both players - it was lovely to see Maria's reaction........it even bought a tear to my mums eye and she doesn't like tennis! What an inspiration Maria is to many of the young up and coming players!

Congratulations, and I hope to see more, very very soon!

-Rachel :bounce:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
You know, it's funny because I remember reading a thread yesterday congratulating Maria on her first grand slam win. Both were wrong to start such threads but only the Williams fans get called out? and only Williams fans are idiots... The logic astounds... :tape:

·
Golden State Of Mind
5,649 Posts
Truthwillout said:
This kind of thread (a bit like my own) would never pop up if your fan base didn't have the loudest idiots of all
And in turn you show yourself to be what exactly? The opposite of those idiots? I think not, you simply become one of them.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Syndil said:
And in turn you show yourself to be what exactly? The opposite of those idiots? I think not, you simply become one of them.
Think what you like but I assure you you'll never see me post how my faves will crush their opponents any game they have to play :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
What a fantastic win for Maria!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I also wonder where are all the Williams fans who were so arrogant in yesterday's poll (Maria vs. Serena) thread. They were so sure Serena would blow Masha away and that Masha has no chance. Yeah, right!!! :rolleyes: ys was so confident in statement that Masha will win. Congats to ys for his prediction!!! :worship:
I wasn't convinced in Masha's victory but hoped she could do it in 3 sets. Well, who bitchslaped who today? :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts