Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's take these one by one:

Maria: I love her to death but, come on, she's coming off of rotator cuff surgery! She probably won't win her first tournament till the fifth one back. Let's be real, people.

Kim: I have four words for you: "she's had a baby". I have one more word for you: "davenport".

Justine: There might be some potential here but her coming back is the weakest romour out there and, oh heck, let's just face it, she's not coming back.

Summary: There's no saving the WTA. The WS will keep winning tournaments (maybe even the fo) and the other girls will keep lying down like flies.

The only bright light here is that Azarenka might do something meaningful but, as she showed in Indian Wells, don't count on it.

So, as things stand, the WS own the WTA. Nothing imminent on the horizon is about to change that.

If you're a fan, you're in bliss. If you're not, well then, you'd be well advised to take a nap for a couple of years.

Now you can start the ranting. :devil:

·
Banned
30,623 Posts
Let's take these one by one:

Maria: I love her to death but, come on, she's coming off of rotator cuff surgery! She probably won't win her first tournament till the fifth one back. Let's be real, people.

Kim: I have four words for you: "she's had a baby". I have one more word for you: "davenport".

Justine: There might be some potential here but her coming back is the weakest romour out there and, oh heck, let's just face it, she's not coming back.

Summary: There's no saving the WTA. The WS will keep winning tournaments (maybe even the fo) and the other girls will keep lying down like flies.

The only bright light here is that Azarenka might do something meaningful but, as she showed in Indian Wells, don't count on it.

So, as things stand, the WS own the WTA. Nothing imminent on the horizon is about to change that.

If you're a fan, you're in bliss. If you're not, well then, you'd be well advised to take a nap for a couple of years.

Now you can start the ranting. :devil:
I have a word for you, hit the road. Oops actually 3.
We will see what happens, neither we, nor you, can say who will save the WTA or not.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
What do you mean "Davenport"?

For the most part, Lindsay's comeback was successful. And Clijsters is years younger than Lindsay was when she came back.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a word for you, hit the road. Oops actually 3.
We will see what happens, neither we, nor you, can say who will save the WTA or not.
What are YOU complaining about? Your gal(s) has/have the wta all to themselves for the next two years. Go out and drink some bubbly.

·
Banned
30,623 Posts
What are YOU complaining about? Your gal(s) has/have the wta all to themselves for the next two years. Go out and drink some bubbly.
Already will drink champagne tomorrow. Well if there's no competition tennis is boring, I rather see Serena fighting for all she has got than trashing 99.9% of the tour.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Already will drink champagne tomorrow. Well if there's no competition tennis is boring, I rather see Serena fighting for all she has got than trashing 99.9% of the tour.
Agreed. Without decent competition it becomes boring. To get high-quality, and hence, enjoyable, tennis matches you need great players.
Heck if Maria wins her 5th tourny back it will already be a success of a comeback.
Kim? It's been too long. I don't even remember what her serve, FH, BH look like... (I just remember her splits)

·
Banned
30,623 Posts
Agreed. Without decent competition it becomes boring. To get high-quality, and hence, enjoyable, tennis matches you need great players.
Heck if Maria wins her 5th tourny back it will already be a success of a comeback.
Kim? It's been too long. I don't even remember what her serve, FH, BH look like... (I just remember her splits)
Kim really had a decent serve, when it was on, it was consistantly around 180km/h and very well placed, and her forehand was a bit like serena's, when it's on, it can fire, when it's not, it's a mess, and her backhand is like jelena and serena, down the line or in the corners at a fast pace.

But I'm looking forward to the clay season for once, I hope Maria will be present in Rome, I really want her to get back at the top, so we can have some fierce matches between her and Serena again :inlove:.

·
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
14,454 Posts

Maybe Mighty mouse can.

Here he comes to save the day!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
What do you mean "Davenport"?

For the most part, Lindsay's comeback was successful. And Clijsters is years younger than Lindsay was when she came back.
It was? What did she do of notice after she came back from maternity leave? Answer: nothing.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Please. The best rivalry on the tour right now is Dementieva vs. Dementieva.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Who wants to see walk-over slam finals with the WS winning? Who wants a repeat of the AO? It's not good for the game, look at all the bad press the WTA got after the AO final, Martina prancing about calling it 'pathetic' among others. That hardly going to encourage people to tune in compared to the excellent publicity the ATP gets about the competition between the Top 4. The WTA needs great competition. I don't think Kim's return will bring it personaly but I'll be delighted to be proven wrong and for her to make it to some slam final and give the Willies a run for their money, win or lose. The same with Maria.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts

·
Registered
30,296 Posts
Who wants to see walk-over slam finals with the WS winning? Who wants a repeat of the AO? It's not good for the game, look at all the bad press the WTA got after the AO final, Martina prancing about calling it 'pathetic' among others. That hardly going to encourage people to tune in compared to the excellent publicity the ATP gets about the competition between the Top 4. The WTA needs great competition. I don't think Kim's return will bring it personaly but I'll be delighted to be proven wrong and for her to make it to some slam final and give the Willies a run for their money, win or lose. The same with Maria.

i guess everyone had that same problem when Graf won her Gramd Slam. idiot

1 - 20 of 27 Posts