Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody opened it yet? it seems I'll have the honour. :)
This is Kiri's half of the draw:

[6] Li Na - Medina Garrigues Anabel
Mattek-Sands Bethanie - Dominguez Lino Lourdes
Maria Tatjana - Q
Vandeweghe Coco - Shvedova Yaroslava [27]

[23] Zakopalova Klara - Kanepi Kaia
Voegele Stefanie - Watson Heater
Barty Ashleigh - Hradecka Lucie
Bratchikova Nina - Kirilenko Maria [12]
Not that bad if you ask me, but of course I won't make any prediction about it, let's see what happen step by step.
First round against Bratchikova, never seen her playing but a reporter in GM told me that she likes to hit winner, being kinda erratic... theorically the best match-up for Maria, I'd say.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Not that bad, don't screw it Masha !

She has a revenge to take on Zakopalova. Do you think this match will be either on Lenglen court or more likely on small courts. I would be pissed off if it's on Chatrier (wont happen lol) of more likely on court 1...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I think that Kanepi will win R1, she's 2-0 against Klara, in a great form and clay is her best surface.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Nice draw, but I see her out in R3 against Kanepi (unless she gets injured, which is quite possible).

Remix, are you going to watch Maria?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Not a bad draw. Lets see how she does. One match at a time

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Finally, it's time for the 2nd Grand Slam of the year! Can't wait :wavey:

I do agree with you, Kiri's draw could have been much worse...
some other seeded players got a very tricky R1, for example: Wozniacki [10] vs. Robson, Makarova [22] vs. Kuznetsova, Jankovic [18] vs. Hantuchova...

First of all, Kiri's knee must hold, then she should reach R3. There she most likely would face Kanepi then. But also Kanepi has to beat Zakopalova and/or Watson first...Once Maria got over that R3 hurdle, a lot could be possible..
but as always, let's just see from round to round, step by step ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Nice draw, but I see her out in R3 against Kanepi (unless she gets injured, which is quite possible).

Remix, are you going to watch Maria?
I have tickets for R3 Friday and Saturday on Lenglen court (also small courts).

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'm going to Roland Garros for the first round (26th to 28th May) I'm so impatient to see Kiri again. Her R1 seems "easy" but every first match in a slam isn't, so davai kiri :cheer:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Looking at her match against her former compatriot Bratchikova (who now plays for Portugal)-- she should get by her, but should be 100% focused during this match. Nina reached the 3rd round here last year, and no doubt is hungry to defend those points.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm going to Roland Garros for the first round (26th to 28th May) I'm so impatient to see Kiri again. Her R1 seems "easy" but every first match in a slam isn't, so davai kiri :cheer:
YEAH, another lucky charm for our lovely Maria there at Roland Garros :cheer: Have fun, enjoy your time and bring us some pics from her ;)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MaKiri will play on Court 1 (not bad), it's the last match scheduled on it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
MaKiri will play on Court 1 (not bad), it's the last match scheduled on it.
yeah, so her match will be streamed! I guess it will only begin in the late evening, as there are two ATP matches before hers...
Here the whole OOP of Court 1:

PHP:
11:00 AM	

Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN)
vs.
Samantha Stosur (AUS) [9]

Florent Serra (FRA)
vs.
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)

Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) [9]
vs.
Thiemo De Bakker (NED)

Nina Bratchikova (POR)
vs.
Maria Kirilenko (RUS) [12]
It's Kiri's first meeting with Nina Bratchikova.
Bratchikova currently is no. 107 in the rankings. She didn't win a match in the maindraw since the Pattaya Open. There she reached the SF, after wins over Peer, Hantuchova (ret.)and Morita. She lost to Lisicki in straights then.
Sounds easy, but a first round in a Grand Slam never is...:rolleyes:
DAVAI KIRI :cheer:

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Tough draw for Maria. :(

Good luck Maria. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
another day, another try!

they moved Kiri's match to Court 17, which isn't televised :mad: