Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldnt believe the composure, fight and the game that Maria showed today!! I for sure thought she would be nervous but wow..I kept thinking..win or lose..this girl will be a STAR.

You could just see it in her eyes..I saw it in Steffi, Monica, Serena..and now Maria..

·
Banned
24,261 Posts
Haven't seen anybody this focused since Serena started winning all those slams!

We just have to see how Maria is going to deal with the pressure... But she has nothing to prove, she proved everybody wrong! Hope she can only grow from here!

·
Registered
110 Posts
What impressed me was this too. Not just how well Maria played, but that she never seemed to be affected by self doubt at all. Even at her age and playing a great champion like Serena, she always seemed to think she would win

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I thought she will choke it away at 2-3 second set, and she kinda did. But she boucne back with some amazing returns in the next game.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
I must agree... its awesome...

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
you just look out there and you see some seles, some evert in her eyes. when she's beaten, she's beaten, but she rebounds so well.
when she misses shots, it's like "okay, okay, ball please." i really love the way she takes time on court too. it's a beautiful art to watch.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nerves of steel... and the heart of lioness :yeah:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts