Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been nearly 12 hours since I have watched the Wimbledon final and I am still kinda stunned that Maria Sharapova beat Serena for the crown.

I have been very optimistic about Maria for quite a few years now, but to see how she won the tournament is down right shocking.

I have to be honest, I am very sad for Serena. I really thought she was gonna win the crown hands down.

But at the same time, I am so glad Maria has shut up all of her critics, especially those on this board.

But I really hope her fans rejoice in celebration but don't gloat so much about it. One day Maria will be in the same situation that Serena is in today.

Congrats Maria........love ya Serena...........:kiss:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes, the Maria fans should not gloat. You are right. Maria fans please learn a lesson from a group of other fans from the past......:wavey: :wavey:
Congrats Maria. I have never enjoyed a Wimbledon more than I did today.:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
You mean don't start threads that are entitled: "Maria spanked Serena's ass" "Maria opened a can of whoop ass on Serena" "Maria schooled Serena" etc etc the way I have seen threads started after Serena has defeated a player who gave a noble fight?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yeah, Martina Hingis was in that position in 1999 when playing Serena in the US Open.

I think Serena identified with Maria after her win, this made Serena's reaction rather pleasant. She had been there herself.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
starr said:
You mean don't start threads that are entitled: "Maria spanked Serena's ass" "Maria opened a can of whoop ass on Serena" "Maria schooled Serena" etc etc the way I have seen threads started after Serena has defeated a player who gave a noble fight?
Thank you so much Starr;)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
starr said:
Not refering to any particular fan base but Maria's, which despite her Wimbledon win, is probably still just a few.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
VS Fan said:
Yeah, Martina Hingis was in that position in 1999 when playing Serena in the US Open.

I think Serena identified with Maria after her win, this made Serena's reaction rather pleasant. She had been there herself.
I'm glad you saw that too. Although I've seen posts here say this was the most gracious defeat ever, I too remember Martina crossing over to Serena with a smile and hugging her and giving her kind words of congratulations. I thought about that when Serena did the same thing. I wondered if she remembered how she had said afterward that Martina's graciousness had meant a lot to her. It was nice of her to give back in that way.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Jakeev said:
...But I really hope her fans rejoice in celebration but don't gloat so much about it. One day Maria will be in the same situation that Serena is in today...
I completely agree with you on this.

I would be more happy than this if it wasn't Serena as I'm also a Venus fan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts