Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-1, 6-4

WAY TO GO, MARIA!

To all of the people that said that she had NO CHANCE....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Straight Sets! Talk about Dominance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Man, you really are annoying!!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Not a sore loser...the better player won, but the thing is that you like to throw into people´s faces. Why didn´t you make a thread to congratulate Maria or Serena when she beat Momo?!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I though it is 3 sets but :eek:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Dominance is not the word...Serena still didnt play as good as she can...but Sharapova played her ass off though...i give her plenty of props. This is the year of the Russians......i still say an American will win the US open. ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bandabou said:
Not a sore loser...the better player won, but the thing is that you like to throw into people´s faces. Why didn´t you make a thread to congratulate Maria or Serena when she beat Momo?!
I'm only throwing it in the face of those people that gave Maria no chance. A lot of people talk as though she's all hype, and some flat out said that Serena would win in straight sets as if it was fact.

Are you one of those people? If not, then get off my back.

If I would have said that I think Maria would win, you people would be throwing it in my face had she lost.

I guess she isn't all hype now, is she?

Quit trying to rain on my parade.

GO MARIA!

·
49,001 Posts
OMG.

I was scared to show my face here.
Changing signature.

Congrats Maria.

Serena, you need an ass whooping!
Seriously, with a belt or an extension cord.

Again,

Congrats Maria Sharapova, 2004 Wimbledon Champion!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
No cheese....enjoy your parade...

·
Registered
24,167 Posts
i also see the use of this thread. maria faced so much hate on here that even i was tempted to start a thread like this...

GO MARIA!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
OMG I knew she was gonna do it! CONGRATS MARIA!!!!!! She is the new champion! She rocks!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Oh please Serena had her chances just wasn't able to capitalize on them so she lost but she handled it with grace and complete class. Maria did a great job and didn't fall apart so good for her . I don't know why certain people can't be as classy as both players were today out there.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
faboozadoo15 said:
i also see the use of this thread. maria faced so much hate on here that even i was tempted to start a thread like this...

GO MARIA!!!!
That's what I'm saying!

So many people talk smack up in here, and then they get pissed because 1) their fav lost, and 2) someone called them on their great predictions.

Bandabou, if this isn't direct at you, then don't feel the need to respond. But as you can see, I'm not the only one who felt this thread was appropriate.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
justinhosbey said:
Serena, you need an ass whooping!
Seriously, with a belt or an extension cord.
Racism :eek:
Isn't that how black slaves were punished?

·
Banned
199 Posts
we're the champions my mashaaaaaaaaaaaa, we'll keep no fighting til the end

·
49,001 Posts
OUT! said:
Racism :eek:
Isn't that how black slaves were punished?
OUT! for one, I'm as black as one can be.

2.) Slaves weren't beaten with belts and extension cords, they were beaten with whips.

3.) I'm a Serena fan! How can I be racist!

4.) I meant she need some corporal punishment after her amateurish display out there today.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
cheesestix said:
I don't think they had electricity back then, let alone extension cords.
The implication is the same - besides they certainly used belts in that era as a form of punishment.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I predicted Maria in 3 tough sets (actually it was more a desire) so now I am really amazed after I saw how Maria handled Serena and her brutal game on grass. She wasn't outpowered nor intimidated... she just showed us who was the best player on the court... Maria :worship:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OUT! said:
The implication is the same - besides they certainly used belts in that era as a form of punishment.
No, I don't think the implication is the same. The guy says he's black, and he's apparently a Serena fan.

That terminology is more in reference to a parent whipping a child who has misbehaved. Sometimes in America, people use belts and extension cords. Not that I'm saying it's right, but I think that's what he meant.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts