Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a warm-up in Sydney, Maria is in Melbourne for the first slam of 2012, Australian Open ! Maria achieved here her best performance in slams yet, with a QF in 2010 :D

Last year she was beaten by Benesova in R2 so she has an opportunity to earn a few points assuming she will play better than in Sydney :facepalm:

She should also play doubles with Nadia Petrova, she has a final to defend. Let's renew this feat :cheer:

Can't wait for the draw and the start of this important tournament !

·
Registered
29,119 Posts
Yes good luck Kiri! I'll be there cheering her on again for the first week! Please don't lose early..

·
Registered
306 Posts
what a crappy draw! Good thing she does not have many points to defend. At least Jarka does not look good so far this year. It seems very unfair that the 27 seed plays the 2 seed.

·
Registered
21,978 Posts
She should beat Jarka. If Kiri plays a smart match and waits for Ballbasher to make the error...Maria should then win in 2. The problem is playing kvitova in the 3rd round:(. But we will wait for the moment when it comes.

·
Registered
29,119 Posts
Jarka is in pretty bad form.. has been for some time. But what I saw of Kiri in Sydney was not good. So it's gonna be an interesting match I guess. Please win Kiri :sobbing:

And Igor just lost in qualifying.. :bigcry: :eek:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jarka in R1, considering the marvellous form of her and Kiri, it could be epic tennis :eek:h:

At least Maria has a chance against an opponent with about the same bad form as her. I don't think about a possible R3 vs Kvitova yet, just focus on R1. She will play on a quite big court and surely be on australian TV I guess, good thing :)

Good luck Kiri :cheer:

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Yeah, let's hope for a good doubles draw, or else Kiri's gonna celebrate her birthday in Russia Washington.
R1 vs Jarka
R3 vs Kvitova
Fixed :angel:

From what I've seen Jarka isn't in the greatest form but if she has a good day it could get tough depending on how Kiri plays. Please win :sobbing:

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Tough draw for Maria in singles. :(

Good luck in singles and doubles Maria. :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
1st match on Hisense tomorrow, i guess i'll watch it, at least the beginning. Thanks for the pics Nikkie on the pictures' thread :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1st match is at 01:00 in the night here, tough... I'll probably watch the beginning and see how Kiri is playing ;)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here we are, the match is about to start. Let's go Kiri :)

Please win fast, I need to sleep :lol:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*3-2 with two aces from Jarka, I prefer when she makes DF ^^

I like writing stupid comments alone on a forum at 01:39 ^^

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Kiri Kiri Oi oi oi.

Just got home from work.