Registered
5,369 Posts
Marbella: QF (7) Sorana Cirstea def. (3) Kaia Kanepi 6:4, 2:6, 7:5

Sori :worship::bounce:

But choked in the third from 5:1 to 5:5

·
Premium Member
181,942 Posts
Re: Marbella, QF: Sorana Cirstea (ROU) def. (3/WC)Kaia Kanepi (EST) 6:4, 2:6, 7:5

Sori ;) :woohoo: :angel:
that was so close to disaster for Sori

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Match was strange. Kaia led 4-1 in the first before Sorana closed out the set. Kaia managed to hang on to the lead in the 2nd. Sorana ran off to a 5-1 lead in the decider but got broken twice serving for the match but on the third chance after breaking Kaia, she won it at 30.

·
Registered
816 Posts
kaia must have brainfarted having crawled back into the match from 1:5 and a matchpoint down in the third. i have no words. :fiery:

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
119,559 Posts
Whilst I was pulling for Kaia to win this title, I can not be unhappy with Sorana winning. Hopefully it will be turning point of this year. Sorana FTW! I'm begging you don't lose to Suarez!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Re: Marbella: QF (7) Sorana Cirstea def. (3) Kaia Kanepi 6:4, 2:6, 7:5

Match was strange. Kaia led 4-1 in the first before Sorana closed out the set. Kaia managed to hang on to the lead in the 2nd. Sorana ran off to a 5-1 lead in the decider but got broken twice serving for the match but on the third chance after breaking Kaia, she won it at 30.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Re: Marbella: QF (7) Sorana Cirstea def. (3) Kaia Kanepi 6:4, 2:6, 7:5

:eek:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
horrible match

·
Stanning for Andi
20,980 Posts
I really like both players and whilst I was hoping that Kanepi would win her first title, Cirstea is definitely in need of confidence after an inauspicious start to the year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts