Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clay-court season starts in Marbella next week for Nicole, hopefully Serena will withdraw because as I looked at the field, she's the only one player Nicole wouldn't be able to beat in current form.. Nicole had always very good results on clay despite her slump last year :)

POJDME!!! :hearts: :bounce:

·
Registered
14,643 Posts
Re: Marbella 2009

:lol: I like the way you write that Nicole wouldn't be able to beat Serena "in current forn," implying that she could in better form right? Heehee. Yeah, when I first saw Nicole I thought, maybe future no. 1 one day, could beat anyone on a good day... but instead of going straight for the goal, Nicole has chosen the very long scenic route with many detours. Looks like she's finally turning in the right direction now though. Clay will suit her too, lots of time to wind up her big forehand.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts

go nicole!:bounce:

·
Registered
235 Posts

Buena suerte y vamos!!!!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Re: Marbella 2009 | R1 vs. Kerber

That's a good draw for Nicole:angel:
I hope she can use her chances there. It will be great if she can reach SF or even F:bounce:

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts

Nicole has been fortunate with some good draws so far this year. Time to take advantage of one. Win this thing, Nicole! :bounce:

·
Registered
25,015 Posts

I'm curious to see how she responds to the clay.

In the past she's liked this surface.

Good luck Nicole! :)

·
Premium Member
73,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

when you consider 2008 it wasn't really bad how she played on clay though she was slumping.. you know.. she lost all three matches but pretty close so I think she will shine on clay this year :)

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts

I hope to see clay as a chance for Nicole to build a foundation heading into Wimbledon/grass court season. If she manages to make the QF of these smaller tournaments and get to the 3R/4R of RG, she will be confident and ready to defend at Wimbledon. :bounce: Then she will have nothing to defend until IW so she can really work on her game again.

·
Premium Member
73,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

CENTRE COURT from 11:00 am
1. Zec Peskiric vs. Brengle (Singles Q Final)
2. Pironkova vs. Vinci
3. Olaru vs. Cirstea
4. Kerber vs. Vaidisova
5. Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual vs. Cohen-Aloro/Garbin (NB 5:30 pm)

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts

I hope there are livestreams so that we can see the devil at work! :devil:

I have a good feeling about this tournament. I hope she gets to play Jankovic. I hate her and Nicole should be able to wipe her off the court.

Hopefully Nicole came to Marbella really focused and ready to be a big contender again! :)

·
Registered
37,975 Posts

Good luck Nicole. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts