Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I read this on lequipe.fr

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a loss for me (who doesn't get to see him there) and for the tournament. The most exciting player is out :sad:.

I hope he comes to support his sister.

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
:sad: Even while I'm not a Safin-fan, I like it's :sad: when he's not playing.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
OMG! NO! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

he can't catch a break at all! poor Marat.

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
omg :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

what a crap year :mad: :mad: :sad: :(:(
2003 is all but over for Marat :( :(

·
Registered
561 Posts
(From bbc.co.uk)

Former world number two Marat Safin has withdrawn from next week's French Open due to a wrist injury.

The Russian has been resting the problem in recent weeks but has not recovered in time to play at Roland Garros.

American Robby Ginepri - suffering from a similar injury - has also pulled of the clay court Grand Slam, which begins next Monday.

Replacing former US Open champion Safin and Ginepri in the main draw will be American Cecil Mamiit and Argentine Mariano Puerta.

Get well soon Marat and Robby :sad:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
:eek: ow!

ive just learn that on l'équipe's website!

that's really a pity! and even marat hes not my fav, i think i can understand that...it's so sad :sad: for his fans!then im sorry for them!

he didn't deserve that at all...so i hope he will be better soon and why not win rg later? ;)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
It's confirmed:

Safin pulls out of French Open

.c The Associated Press

PARIS (AP) - Former U.S. Open champion Marat Safin withdrew from the French Open on Monday with a wrist injury.

American Robby Ginepri also pulled out with a similar injury, tournament organizers said in a statement. The clay-court event starts at Roland Garros on May 26.

American Cecil Mamiit and Mariano Puerta of Argentina will replace them in the draw.

On the women's side, Luxembourg's Anne Kremer pulled out with a wrist injury and Sweden's Asa Svensson did the same because of an ankle injury.

They will be replaced by Japan's Akiko Morigami and Libuse Prusova of the Czech Republic.

:sad: :sad:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
omg :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
its his fave tourney. i cant believe it! RG is nothing for me now without Marat, the most watchable and exciting player, NOTHING :sad: :fiery:
I miss him so much :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Get well soon please!

·
Registered
573 Posts
It must be serious

he's been out with it for 4 weeks. does anyone know if there are any quotes are anything??

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Damn, Marat AND Robby :mad: :sad:

Marat is former World #1, stupid BBC morons who never get anything right in their articles :fiery:

:sad:

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
The best tournament of the year without my fav player :( Damn sucks

Maratski has been a non-entity in all major tournaments this year. I wonder if he needs a surgery or not?

And I don't dare to think about his ranking. At least he had no results after RG last year

·
Registered
88 Posts
poor Marat:sad: i thought he was playing in Dusseldorf this week? i read it in some thread here

·
Registered
15,458 Posts
The Russian team Marat/Kafelnikov (I think it was Yvegeny) pulled out due to injuries and were replaced by the USA (Blake/Fish)

·
Registered
88 Posts
ah ok, thnx!

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Marat and Robby?!? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have no words for that! Very sad! :fiery:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts