Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
there's still Wayne/Tommy/Marcelo in his part of the draw...

but i feel he's confident and mentally strong enough to take on all of them!!!

COME ON MARAT!!!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Bravooooooooo Marat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was such a great match with all the tension, controversial line calls, winners !
Wow, I'm flabbergusted by the quality of play from the 2 champions in the last 2 sets.

Marat Marat Marat.... what a winner at matchpoint.....

swoon... :angel:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Come On Marat - grab the AO title and leap ahead of Lleyton in the number of GS singles titles!!!

:bounce:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
For those who didn't see this live...wait till you see that match point! That was a great point!

CONGRATS MARAT!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
182,313 Posts
fresh.... you mean at end or during match ?
someone was calling out and i think he was waving to them

cat ..... that was in heat of moment , sorry if i offended you but anyway YES :D

go Marat , so pleased for him :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
The last point is amazing, I cannot believe Marat made it, he almost need to dive for the shot. Well done Marat. now surprise that there is only one former Grand Slam winner in the draw and it is marat Safin, that gonna be cool if he collect anothe one, but I expecdt strong resistance from Johansson and Haas and Rios

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Thanks Eggy.

Marat often beats himself. Do you think he can avoid a letdown?

Was Anna K. there cheering him on, like the other day, when she was watching his second round victory?

Was the crowd against Safin?

Who is coaching Safin at Oz? When he has had a Russian by his side, he has played his best tennis. That is fact, not fiction.

·
Premium Member
182,313 Posts
He's got an israeli guy there with him , Amit something ?? but mats will be back with him soon.

the crowd were more in favor of Pete, but not totally against Marat.
Marat got more bad calls against him than Pete did, that center linejudge was terrible.

Marats matured alot, he played set point down and BPs in 4th set very maturely and calmly

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yeah, those points were played extremely calmy, I was holding my breath. It was clear Marat didn't want to take any risks. He probably knew Pete was tired, so he just made sure he brought the ball back and hoped for Pete to make a mistake in the end. And it worked.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Oh what a great match, but Marat could have finished the job sooner.

Anyway congrats to him :bounce:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yeah, Eggy. Amit is Marat's manager and coach when Mats is not there.

I agree one thing that impressed me is Marat's maturity.... Notice that he did not let those bad calls bother him too much . Seems that he has finally overcome his habit of racket -wrecking.... Way to go Marat! :)

That Norm Chryst incident has made him stronger mentally.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
This ESPN coverage is annoying. Marat gets criticized for complaining but Pete is right when he complains and his shots are out by a mile. Patrick McEnroe is the worst, Pete does not complain as bad as Marat, blah, blah, blah! Thank God Marat won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now don't have to hear any more about Pete, Pete, Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Marat! Win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,604 Posts
Right, ESPN coverage. Safin wins the match, but they show total of 19 games, 10 out of which won by Sampras..:)

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
yeah, the commentary by PM and CD is ridiculous. They said that Safin should stop complaining (which I actually agree), but when Pity complained few points in a row with throwing his racket, going on all 4, etc. he did because he wanted to win this match so much.

Thank you Marat for winning!

Thank you also for giving us opportunity to see womens tennis and players from other countries.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
my goodness, the ESPN network is really so biased????
LOL

I'm sure they did not show the part of Pete having a few words with a Safin fan in the stand in between the games.

When Marat went to change his racket in between points , he even got questioned unsportingly by Pete for the reason, a surprised Marat replied "strings".

Go Marat!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts