Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona, Spain (Reuters)--

Coachless, and having lost to Carlos Moya twice in four times last year, Marat was running out of answers. So what to do? Ahead of his meeting with the Spaniard in the final of Barcelona, the first final in which these two have met, Marat has emailed Mardy Fish and James Blake - who both have beaten Moya this year - for some advice.

"I say, 'Just send me something good to beat Moya, and next year maybe Russia won't beat you too hard in Davis Cup.'"

Safin is still waiting for a reply back.

·
Premium Member
181,835 Posts
LOL........ He doesn't need to email anyone.

Marat can win it on his own :)

not like those pansies .......... oh what do i do now ?????
" he told me to do this but its not working"

"Umpire....... can i have a internet timeout" ??

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With Marat the score tomorrow could look like this:

6/7 (5), 1/6, 0/6

or this

6/1, 6/4, 6/4.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
In all fairness, Fish didn't scout out anyone about beating Moya, he went ahead and just did it, twice in two weeks. No reason why it shouldn't be a reciprocal arrangement - the Americans should email Moya about how to beat Hewitt. Blake for one can learn something from Moya, considering that he has the same forehand weapon against Hewitt.

I gather the Croatians are masters of this sort of thing, though. When Ljubicic beat El Aynaoui in the Lyon final in 2001, he called Ivanisevic for tips on how to play him. When Ancic beat Federer at Wimbledon he also called Ivanisevic for advice. When Ljubicic beat Federer at Cincinnati, he got help from Ancic on how to play him. Then when Ancic beat Kafelnikov in Indianapolis, he got advice from Ljubicic. It's a bloody conspiracy, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
This is the wrong thread to say it, but what the hey - Mutis is a set up on Roddick, 6-4! Allez, you anonymous Frog!

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me also thinks he emailed Mats before taking on Ferrero, whom he hadn't won a set from in 3 years!

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Becca, I'm not sure if you're being tongue-in-cheek, but you think JC's best chance of winning FO was last year?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Trust me TennisFool, I think Becca's being tongue in cheek on just about everything right now.

·
Premium Member
181,835 Posts
It must be that time of month again :eek:

either that or Becca's finally going senile :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts