:wavey: :worship: BRAVO MARAT :wavey: :worship:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
CONGRATS Marat :worship: A great win :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ah, so now it's a hardly surprising win, eh? I seem to recall a different tune yesterday, when bearing in mind their one-sided semi at RG last year Safin was a safe bet for Ferrero on clay. Just goes to show that a lot of their matches are down to how Safin plays - when he's dreadful like in last year's match he is brushed aside, when he's in his best form like he was in 2000 he can sweep Ferrero out of his way. I say this not as a fan of either player, but as an impartial observer, of sorts.

Sorry, I'm prolonging the men's discussion in the women's forum.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Hendouble said:
Ah, so now it's a hardly surprising win, eh? I seem to recall a different tune yesterday, when bearing in mind their one-sided semi at RG last year Safin was a safe bet for Ferrero on clay. Just goes to show that a lot of their matches are down to how Safin plays - when he's dreadful like in last year's match he is brushed aside, when he's in his best form like he was in 2000 he can sweep Ferrero out of his way. I say this not as a fan of either player, but as an impartial observer, of sorts.

Sorry, I'm prolonging the men's discussion in the women's forum.
I NEVER said that Safin was a safe bet for Ferrero on clay. I suggest that you re-read what I wrote if that is your interpretation of what I said. I made it quite clear that Safin at his best beats anybody anywhere. Hell, those were almost my exact words. The ONLY thing I found surprising about this was the scoreline.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yes, safe bet was not the phrase. I think you said something to the effect of "Why should I be worried about Safin against Ferrero on clay bearing in mind their RG semi", hence my assumption. But I probably should go check that, actually.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Excuse me? I did not say Safin was a safe bet for Ferrero on clay. I said Ferrero demolished his ass last year at RG carrying at least one injury, so there is no reason (and STILL no reason) to believe that Safin can win RG and there are no other contenders.

And I agree with Rebecca, WTF is this doing here?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
OK, forget I ever said anything. Seems I'm very good at misinterpreting what other people say, aren't I? - although you would know that, Hackie...

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I love them both. Great to see Marat with a strong win. I SOOOO want 2003 to be his year! ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts