Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mara Santangelo has hardly won any matches for months, after a great beginning to the year. :(

But today she qualified for the US Open Main Draw! After two grueling 3-setters, today she breezed past promising young Barbora Strycova in straight sets. :D

I am so happy, but no one goes to the cheering thread I created for Mara in Italian Renaissance, so I wanted to come here, hoping she has at least one other fan who will be thrilled for her on this momentous day! :hearts:

In any case, it is always worth celebrating when one of our Challenger girls makes it through the Qualies into the Main Draw of a Slam. :D

Forza Mara!! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hi Janie, I always root for Mara, and I have been following all her matches through the live score, and suffered with her...
so I am extremely happy that she made it, I really did not expect such a good result after her last poor months...good job, let's hope she will get a decent first round, it could be her first GS main draw win !!! :D

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
janie said:
How can anyone NOT root for her? ]
She's a bitch on court and too rude off court (maybe she was having the period the week I met her at Palermo ;) ) Exactly the opposite of Tax, so nice and friendly :worship: who she's playing in first round MD Forza Tax!!!

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
janie said:
Okay, spiceboy, but if you dislike Mara, why butt into a cheering thread for her? Go start your own "Go Tax" thread or even a "Boo Mara" thread. You don't need to come in here with your sourpuss views. :p
Janie, next time when asking something don't forget to add you don't want an answer ;)

I just answered your question :angel:

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately, Mara lost a VERY tight 3-set match against Tax Garbin today. It was agonizing to follow online -- back and forth, back and forth -- so disappointing to come so close and yet lose. :sad:

I hope this is only the first of many more main draw Slam opportunities for Mara. Still an excellent event for her. With 3 qualy wins and a near-upset, at least it looks like Mara is back on track again after several frustrating months.

Keep it going, Mara! :hearts:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.