Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Re: Mallorca SF : Belinda Bencic fed Angelique Kerber 2-6 7-6 6-4

Great fight fom Belinda! Congrats! :) Weird match from Angie. Felt like she was expecting to walk this one in the 2nd when she had those multiple BPs. Lost her groove, mood and the match. I'm sure she will not allow these kind of lapses @ Wimbledon or she might find herself in trouble already in R1.

Reactions: QueenAngie

·
Premium Member
64,880 Posts
Mallorca SF: [3]Belinda Bencic def. [1]Angie Kerber 2-6, 7-6(2), 6-4

Happy for Bel :banana:
Final vs. Kenin

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,460 Posts

:clap2::clap2::clap2:​

Reactions: postblue and PLP

·
Premium Member
64,880 Posts
Re: Mallorca SF: [3]Belinda Bencic def. [1]Angie Kerber 2-6, 7-6(2), 6-4

I actually thought this was over, when Belinda was broken at 5-4 in the second set, but she proved me wrong.
In the third, one could feel that Belinda just wanted the win a little more.
Angie will be even stronger at Wimbledon.
Good match from both though, except for the excessive double faults from Belinda.

·
Registered
87,475 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Disappointing stuff in set 2 and 3 from Angie. Why not being the aggressor at those 5775 break- and game points? Got broken after 40-0 and couldn’t convert 5 bp. I just don’t get her sometimes. Not convinced about Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Not encouraging when you show up to defend Wimbledon having won no titles since winning Wimbledon. Bencic on the other hand looks like a contender to win it all in three weeks, I expect her to win Mallorca tomorrow but Kenin will be an incredibly tough test. What a season she's having so far.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
That match sums up Kerber's season so far, another headcase performance when taken to 3 sets.

6-1 to Mertens in Doha
6-0 to Hsieh in Dubai
6-4 to Andreescu in IW
6-1 to Andreescu in Miami
6-1 to Azarenka in Monterrey

Bencic thoroughly deserved the win today, outclassed a bit in the first but battled well in the second and third. She played the better Tennis towards the end of the second set despite having a blip, third set she stayed in front incredibly well and served it out like a boss.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Beli... :cheer:

Famous Chinese saying: "Cockroaches can be hard to exterminate."
Yeah. And the next famous Chinese saying, in the making, will say: "More dumb than a Trump"... :devil:

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
Enjoyable match.
Angie will be pissed for all those BPs she had and couldn't convert.

Beli, don't you dare lose this now.

Reactions: Steff_forever

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Nice fightback from Belinda, but im sure Angie won't give a match away like that in Wimbledon...

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Looks like it was a good fight. Happy for Belinda she makes the final here. :D

Will be a nice final with two feisty young women. :cool:

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
Very decent match from both, stats show it. Really entertaining as well. :yeah:

Right from the start, I had literally no hope Belinda would win, considering what happened in their last matches. :lol: I was just hoping for a good performance from Belinda. She herself didn't have much belief that she could win at first and missed many opportunities to make the match closer. But she fought and somehow won that 2nd set (first set won against Angie since 2016!) and she truly started to believe she could win this. It's just a MM tournament, but this win is such a good win for Belinda on the mental side! :yeah: Happy for her. :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.