Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Milk and honey
4,035 Posts
Eh. Disappointing performance from Maria but it was pretty expected, anyone who knows these two players knows that in 2019, and for the past 5 years or so now, the matchup and surface definitely favours Kerber. Maria comes off as desperate when she plays Angelique, trying to end the point even earlier than she would against other players, brainfarting dropshots when leading certain points, just too many tactical mess ups. A lot of break points and returns also missed by Maria today, Kerber won all the big points. Nonetheless, it was still a competitive match considering the scoreline.

I thought Kerber hit through her backhand nicely today, but she does that consistently on grass and it’s why Wimbledon is her most consistent major. She was by no means “peak” today but she did obviously show up, she was always going to turn up against someone like Maria, especially with the head to head lead on the line and the fact that Angelique hasn’t had much going for a couple of months now and needs some wins ahead of Wimbledon. I can see her giving a damn about Mallorca now that she’s deep enough into the tournament.

Grass was never going to work out well for Masha but the point was to come back, get some matches, improve her match fitness and stamina in time for the HC swing where she can start bringing a good level of tennis – and hopefully that’s what she continues to do at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
She plays so bad in R1 Than Came for her wig hard :hysteric: Martha Got her work cut out for her everybody is out to get her.

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
If she wins a round at Wimbledon it’ll be a miracle, she just didn’t look good today, Kerber Clearly upped it for Maria today and she played well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Maria was awful, no business anymore with this matchup but Kerber in one of her annoying days when she literally can't miss a shot, 4-5 unforced the entire match come on :spit:

1 - 20 of 246 Posts