Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caro continues her streak. :yeah: For once she started well, had a MP in Set2. Good to see her still come through! :)
Exciting match against Angie next! The line-up in the QF here is fantastic. :worship:

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
I tuned in as soon as she was up 6-2 5-2 (and a little later blew her first MP). :hysteric: Must have been a bad luck charm. The crowd VERY pro Paula (understandably) and super muted after some of Caro’s fantastic winners, which I think affected her confidence. Plus Paula started peaking especially from the backhand and was fighting a lot harder. Luckily Caro was able to regroup and storm through the 3rd with some great netplay and focus. Nice handshake between the two. :)

The best thing was that, even though he’s there, she didn’t call papa to the court at all during this period and figured it out for herself. :worship: Hopefully she continues to become less reliant on him, I think the fact this was such a test and she did it on her own is almost worth the struggle, even if her body must be tired after last week. :lol:

7 match win streak, and her fourth consecutive QF (or better) in Mallorca. Kerber next!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Wow! I didn't know that Badosa is ranked so high. I thought she was outside TOP 200

·
La nuit je mens
87,998 Posts
Between not traveling with him last week and not calling him on court this week, seems like Caro is slowly realising she needs a bit of distance with her dad and to figure things on her own. A step into the right direction.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Between not traveling with him last week and not calling him on court this week, seems like Caro is slowly realising she needs a bit of distance with her dad and to figure things on her own. A step into the right direction.
She really needs a new coach. I feel like her game is stuck while everyone is improving.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Since Nottingham, I haven't seen Caro request an OCC, not even once. She tried to figure it out herself and toughing up her mentality along the way. This is quite a change from Caro! :yeah: not sure why she's reluctant to hire a new coach though.. maybe her dad disagrees :eek:h:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts