1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Lol.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Amanda looked clearly uncomfortable and frustrated with low bounce in the first set and half, return was pretty much a disaster as well but she played better since the end of second set. To be honest I think she would have lost this match easily against a better player than Martincova but I kinda expected this struggle.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
i think she has been reading brad gilbert's book WINNING UGLY.

both players won 115 points, but amanda only took 2 from 11 break point chances.

still a win, and more chance for grass court play tomorrow.

there was plenty of fighting spirit, she could have easily lost in straight sets if she couldn't be bothered.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
a win is a win i guess, Amanda showed her fighter here, in that second set, could've easily gonna to Teresa but she didn't give up and ended up victorious

·
Registered
44,827 Posts
Amanda :worship: Could prove to be a very important win for her. :yeah: She will definitely have a hard time backing up her Paris run in the coming months and I do think she will struggle at least until NY to get used to the pressure and attention. So every right win is a good sign. :)

Tereza :hug: Quite like her. Hopefully she can have another good few wins on WTA level soon.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Love the fight :cheer:

That had to feel good after blowing a set and 3-0 against Barty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts