Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much better match by Belinda than her earlier matches here. :yeah:

I was looking forward to this one and there was definitely some beautiful clean hitting but Anisimova was perhaps a bit hindered by a leg injury and could not go all the way. Also her serve let her down too many times. QF at her first professional grass tournament is not bad.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Barely over an hour of play, very solid performance from Belinda with many flashy winners: she really loves grass, and if she manages to avoid Kerber she has a great shot at the title.

As for Anisimova, she hit some good winners but her timing was somehow disturbed by the surface as she didn't seem completely accustomed to it. IIRC this was her first ever pro event on grass, so not too bad given the circumstances.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Was flicking from this to Ostapenko vs Martic, shame both matches clashed.

Anisimova clearly didn't look herself but as the previous poster said, this was her first pro event on Grass so it will take her a while to get accustomed to the surface.

As for Belinda she was solid, won't be easy but she has a great chance of winning this event.

·
Premium Member
64,880 Posts
Really impressive from Belinda.

Tough SF awaiting :cheer:

·
Registered
That Woman
4,653 Posts
Bencic is looking really fit now! She's looking lean and strong, and the results match too.

She's definitely in the mix for the Wimbledon title.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
I feel like Amanda could be great on grass but she needs a lot more time before she gets there. Unfortunately she spent most of her junior career avoiding grass courts like the plague.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Amanda :sad:
I heard she said to her coach that she is tired. Also seems injured.

Amanda
1 Ace, 8 DFs
17 Winners, 26 UEs

Belinda :yeah:
She looked fit and healthy. Smart tennis as always. And she served very well :)

Bencic
67% 1st serve. 4 Aces, 2 DFs
19 Winners, 11 UEs

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
44,859 Posts
Belinda :inlove: Certainly playing herself into form again after some difficult weeks on the clay after Madrid. :) Her game on grass is such a joy to watch and her match against Angie could be a real cracker.

Amanda :hug: Good effort on her pro grass debut. That win against Alize was quite strong as well.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
Good to see Belinda getting back to form. She coud be a real threat at Wimbledon. Let's hope she doesn't play doubles and mixed too, as she has before, and gets tired or injured.

Amanda :hug: She is young an inexperienced on this surface but she will get better on it I'm sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts