Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
CGS
7,580 Posts
And I’m happy that she at least looked injury free out there today and did not withdraw or get injured again after just one match. Just feel so sick of that shit since her return from the ban.

·
I would love to see Maria win a 2nd Wimbledon Singles title before she retires.
:haha:

And I'd love it if I went into my bank account and found 7,000,000 sitting there for me.

All jokes and criticism aside it is only her 2nd match back, it could have been a shit tonne worse. Hopefully she's had enough matches by the time USO comes along.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
She can't deal with Kerber's counterpunching if Kerber is in a good day. I fucking hate this matchup, I hate Kerber who can't miss nothing, I hate Maria for bottling h2h with her :hysteric:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is she playing Wimbledon? It is not on her website. The die hard fans know that in the past after a loss, imidiately they mentioned the next tournament

·
CGS
7,580 Posts
Well she did win 4 games against the same opponent at AO - her favorite type of hard court and and 3 games in her last loss at RG, so I don’t know you guys took this loss too seriously :shrug: Just be happy that she is at least back and still healthy after the tournament.

And there is no reason for her to not play Wimbledon unless she’s injured again. She sucks on grass now but it’s still her favorite slam after all.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Yeah, if you want to get any rhythm and play some matches, you cannot be picky much. Assuming she's fine, she should play as much as possible. At the end of the day, not trying at all is worse than trying and even failing.

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
Very mellow match by Maria today but was just happy so see her play again. :)

Hope she can do some damage in Wimbledon.

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Yeah, if you want to get any rhythm and play some matches, you cannot be picky much. Assuming she's fine, she should play as much as possible. At the end of the day, not trying at all is worse than trying and even failing.

And assuming Maria wants to stay fine, playing as much as possible is a terrible idea.
If she can stay healthy she can play a few events between the Slams. That should be enough for her to pick up some form.
Eventually that could lead into a few weeks when everything sort of comes together for her; her game, the draw, the surface.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts