Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Love to see her do well her, especially given how much the tournament Twitter page has been stanning her. It's always a tough draw here though, and not her best surface, and more importantly the main thing is just for her to be able to start playing without pain.

Can't wait to see her on court again.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
1 PM local time?

·
Registered
510 Posts
She should beat Kuzmova easily, this girl hits hard but she can hardly find the court. I was watching Kuzmova match against Konta in FO and this girl is terrible, how she got into top 50 is beyond me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Kerber on R2 wtf....last player id want Maria to lose ....she has to get thru R1 but still ....that already ridiculous h2h.....

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
NID that she'd be put into the stacked section. Vika, Garcia, Kerber and Riske (on grass). The 3 other quarters are way easier.

I'd hate to see her lose to Kerber or Vika, but it's her first tournament back, and a tough draw will at least let her know where her level is.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
I was praying she'd get a kind draw but that's what I get for being an atheist...:(

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
I mean, pretty much every draw would have been tough at this point.
Maria actually has a very winnable R1 here.

If she can feel good about her fitness and health, this tournament should be considered a success regardless of the result.

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
Just happy and excited to have her back. There's been longer lay offs but this one has seemed like an age to me. Hopefully she can win R1 and then from there on it's really just one match at a time. I'll consider the tournament a success regardless so long as she leaves Mallorca healthy.

·
Registered
54,074 Posts
Happy that Maria is finally back ! :hearts:
Tennis and WTA Tour is not the same without her.

One of the strongest MM tournaments ! :speakles:
Insane draw. Looks more like a Premier than a MM ...

A very strong first quarter. And also the rest is quite good.
R1 vs Kuzmova who is in very good form this year.
And if she survives R1, then #1 Kerber awaits in R2 :scared:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts