Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those 2 are great for the tour. Kenin mentality is really something, despite not being the most talented. She already earned quite some respect after this year's RG. That's the kind of players we should support, that's what's good for the tour. Called by me by the way.

Congrats to Bencic, she's a great player. The final seems to be a good game.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I like Kenin. She has a solid game and this will be the third surface she went deep on. Can't wait to see what else she does.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Kenin is also russian? How am i finding it out only now. :lol: Mess of a choke from Belinda. Kenin is a feisty fighter, though. Gotta give her props for that.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
SOFIA!!! So good this week, and her 2nd title!!!!! To top it off, sent the annoying irritable brat away!!! Nice to be seeded for Sofia for the 1st time in a major at Wimby :). Soooooo happy with this result!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts

The TF notion that "KeNiN iS a PuShEr" seriously needs to stop; she's anything but. Every aspect of her game is pretty solid and though I'm not particularly a fan, I can give credit where credit is due. :worship: Congrats on title #2!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
I like BB, but she was the most annoying I've ever seen her. Moaning and bitching about the calls and the crowd, having a couple of total meltdowns in her chair and acting more like a < 14 y.o throwing a tantrum in your local club than the elite and experienced player she is. Very disappointing. Otoh, Kenin can look abrasive, but she played within herself and never lost intensity and focus. She's a great competitor that regroups immediately after a bad point, and her game looks quite solid, but it's a shame she doesn't have more of a killer shot, even if her FH can do some good damage.

·
Registered
28,847 Posts
Belinda defeated herself TBH.
Horrible attitude during all match. Getting mad at everything.
I’d want to like her but she makes it impossible for me to root for her the way she acted today. Absolutely ridiculous.
It’s a shame cause she was really the better player, has a great game and bigger weapons but Kenin can be tough to beat.

Congrats to Sofia. Not a fan but she has a tidy game and I like her persistence. It’s something I admire of people :yeah:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Both of them are so annoying!!!!What a haughtiness from part of Bencic! Anyway congrats to ADHD, she played better!
PS Ash kick their asses when you catch them!:wink2:

·
Registered
34,757 Posts
More or less a fan of BB, but she was exasperating today and very much deserved to lose. So well done Kenin. :clap2:

Reactions: Ed Hominan

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Kenin and Bencic are both scheduled to play tomorrow in Eastbourne.
Apparently they can't give them a day off.
Seems like a very difficult adjustment to travel from the south of Spain to England, with all sorts of possible travel problems then play tomorrow.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Expected.

·
Registered
28,847 Posts
Kenin and Bencic are both scheduled to play tomorrow in Eastbourne.
Apparently they can't give them a day off.
Seems like a very difficult adjustment to travel from the south of Spain to England, with all sorts of possible travel problems then play tomorrow.
FYI Mallorca is not South of Spain :spit:

·
Registered
34,845 Posts
Wow, Belinda choked badly :spit:.

Well done by Kenin though, she is so mentally strong. Listening to her speech I didn't realize she actually has a Russian accent when speaking English.

·
Premium Member
65,170 Posts
:tears:
Those three double faults when serving for the match :tears:
And three Championship points wasted, too.
For once though, a match with very few breaks or serve...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts