A. Kalinina v A. Kalinskaya
Q/LL v B. Pera (3)

V. Tomova (7) v Q/LL
I. Jorovic v J. Cristian (Q)
E. Cocciaretto v R. Jani (WC)
M. Di Giuseppe (LL) v D. Collins (2)

· Registered
1,120 Posts
I hope Poots will get some points from this event, her form was not that good this year.

Btw, Errani seeded at a WTA tournament in 2021 is cringe.

Also Tomova.. I barely know who she is.

So bad Pera is facing Kalinina in R2. I think the Ukrainian is a contented for the title here.

Reactions: fedfan007

· Registered
10,719 Posts
It's not good, and the lower seeding ranking is a bit of a joke, but at least there are a few interesting non seeds to cheer it up a bit. The likes of AKS and Konjuh wouldn't look out of place as seeds. Galfi has had a good week in France, so it will be interesting to see how she gets on at home. One or two others as well who have done OK on the ITF scene recently.

I guess you can't expect too much the week after a slam when there are multiple other events going on at the same time.

· Registered
56,039 Posts
Yes but it's only applicable to the Olympics
Then it's no mono, sorry. If you are diagnosed with mono you don't go and grind on the clay at +30ºC in a random WTA250. If something you skip all these MM and go and try your best in an event like the Olympics and enjoy the experience even if not at 100%

· Registered
1,120 Posts
She was diagnosed with mono few months ago, not recently. She said that her strategy for now on will focus on listening to her body, she will go to tournaments and if she doesnt feel well she will not play.

· Registered
56,039 Posts
Q placements

(1) Putintseva vs (Q) Gorgodze
Konjuh vs (Q) Mrdeza
Korpatsch vs (Q) Danilovic
(3) Pera vs (Q) Grabher
(7) Tomova vs (Q) Ormaechea
Jorovic vs (Q) Cristian
(2) Collins vd (LL) Di Giuseppe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.