Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aryna Sabalenka (1) vs Jasmine Paolini
VIktoria Kuzmova vs Stefanie Voegele (Q)
Sorana Cirstea vs Julia Grabher (wc)
Oceane Dodin (Q) vs Jil Teichmann (7)

Dayana Yastremska (3) vs Greet Minnen
Harmony Tan (Q) vs Barbora Krejcikova
Jana Fett (Q) vs Tereza Martincova (Q)
Aliaksandra Sasnovich vs Bernarda Pera (8)

Nadia Podoroska (6) vs Irina-Camelia Begu
Camila Giorgi vs Sara Sorribes Tormo
Varvara Gracheva vs Katarina Zavatska (LL)
Katerina Siniakova vs Ekaterina Alexandrova (4)

Veronika Kudermetova (5) vs Barbara Haas (wc)
Arantxa Rus vs Tamara Zidansek
Vera Zvonareva (wc) vs Marta Kostyuk
Anhelina Kalinina (Q) vs Elise Mertens (2)

·
Super Moderator
22,669 Posts
This is in Sabs hands, although Mertens and Yastremska are obvious favourites too if they are in good form. It’s difficult to visualise any of the others lifting the winner’s trophy but who knows - it’s WTA 2020 after all.

Zvonareva v Kostyuk is an interesting match up. God I remember watching Vera play in Linz back in 2003 when there was a premier level tournament in this city - I recall a long 3 setter win over Anna Smashnova in the quarterfinals. I’ll have to go onto the WTA website now to check if my memory serves me correct.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Aryna Sabalenka (1) vs Jasmine Paolini
VIktoria Kuzmova vs Q
Sorana Cirstea vs Julia Grabher (wc)
Q vs Jil Teichmann (7)

Dayana Yastremska (3) vs Greet Minnen
Q vs Barbora Krejcikova
Q vs Q
Aliaksandra Sasnovich vs Bernarda Pera ()8

Nadia Podoroska (6) vs Irina-Camelia Begu
Camila Giorgi vs Sara Sorribes Tormo
Varvara Gracheva vs Q
Katerina Siniakova vs Ekaterina Alexandrova (4)

Veronika Kudermetova (5) vs Barbara Haas (wc)
Arantxa Rus vs Tamara Zidansek
Vera Zvonareva (wc) vs Marta Kostyuk
Q vs Elise Mertens (2)
The siniakova-alexandrova matchup is rather vicious in R1. Kostyuk vs Zvonareva is real interesting with the winner facing Mertens.

Wonder where Dodin falls in the draw

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Zavatska retired from the final round of qualifying yet she was given a LL slot in the main draw? I feel that if you aren't able to finish your QD match you shouldn't be eligible for a LL slot.
That really sucks, where is information about that?
I agree that someone like her should not get LL spot.

·
Registered
57,944 Posts

·
Registered
57,944 Posts

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I'm hoping someone uploads it to YouTube so that I can have it on the telly tomorrow and Tuesday.

I broke my laptop yesterday, a new one is coming on Tuesday, so at the moment I'll be watching the matches on my phone through Bet365. I can at least get it full screen, but obviously not ideal.

Without forking out on Eurosport Player, is there a way I could get in on my TV tomorrow?

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that Zavatska retired from the final round of qualifying yet she was given a LL slot in the main draw? I feel that if you aren't able to finish your QD match you shouldn't be eligible for a LL slot.
Why not? There could be all sorts of reasons why she didn't finish the qualifying match. Obviously HER reason must have been some sort of temporary incapacity, otherwise she would have withdrawn from the whole tournament. There was a discussion about this not long ago, and I brought up the example of Erin Routliffe, who had to retire because of food poisoning during her final qualifying round in Burnie (Tasmania) this year, but ended up as a Lucky Loser the next day, playing the same person (Irina Ramialison) again - and beating them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.