Bogdan v (4)Makarova

(6)Bencic v (Q)Dart
Hibino v (Q)Zhuk
Loeb v Petkovic
(wc)Mattek-Sands v (2)Stephens

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Thought this was meant to take place at 7.30pm EST - I guess they meant the men's?

Dolehide vs Vekic looks the stand out tie to me, followed by Osaka-Pera. Decent draw for Katie Swan (and SaiSai, obviously).

What happened to Lauren Davies? Another withdrawal?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Btw, But why did Bibi A. from Canada get her wildcard?
She got one last year as well as reached the quarters (so a chance to defend points maybe). They seem to like giving Canadian's a wildcard as Abanda has received 2 in recent years as has Bouchard - they all seem to come in 2's for some reason.

I'd say Katie Swan's WC was far more unexpected, unless there's an obvious link that has passed me by?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Lauren is in Qualies, as they don't have 4 none Top 20 wildcards :eek:
That's well harsh is that :(. Awful when they do that - announce things that they can't deliver. Miami almost got burnt for something similar with their QWC choices a few months ago.

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
SaiSai Zheng has an SE...
no she doesn't :hysteric:

because she is already into the MD with her PR :crying:

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
The price of Andy Murray playing here? She's with his management agency.
Could well be, never thought of that. Good (unexpected) opportunity for her though and a decent chance of winning her first round match and if she did that would be a great experience potentially playing Wozniacki.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
79,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It only because they write it on the Draw picture that SE...
It's obviously a mistake. You can't change SR to actual ranking after the entry deadline.

WTA drawsheet does not show any SE either.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Shame for Andreescu, who had to pull out of a home 60k event last week in the semis, and will drop a fair few points from her QF last year.

I can definitely see Zheng withdrawing too; not only did she play the final today, but retired from it with an injury.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts