(6)Ostapenko v Konjuh
Kr.Pliskova v Hsieh
Hradecka v (LL)Hlavackova
Duque-Marino v (2)Safarova

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Aljona vs Konjuh..it can be a disaster.
I saw those two play a R1 junior match at the US Open a few years back, so it's always fun for me when they play in the pros. That was the first time I'd ever heard of Ostapenko.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I saw those two play a R1 junior match at the US Open a few years back, so it's always fun for me when they play in the pros. That was the first time I'd ever heard of Ostapenko.
They played each other last month in San Antonio and there were nothing but UEs:eek::rolleyes: I wish this time will be better:angel:

·
Premium Member
62,371 Posts
Stefi drew Pliskova :bigcry:

·
Registered
699 Posts
i would love to see Cirstea vs Cibulkova in R1. A rematch after 2012 Stanford when Sorana had 6 successful challengers :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kovinic and Allertova out.

(LL)Smitkova v Puig
(LL)Krejcikova v (7)Cibulkova
(4)Stosur v (Q)Cirstea
(Q)Dodin v (wc)Vondrousova
(Q)Razzano v (Q)King

·
Registered
699 Posts
:hearts::hearts:

Btw, I smell something not that OK... there were 4 players queuing for LL spots and only the one who is not Czech wasn't chosen at the lot:smash::scratch:

And Cirstea v Stosur is quite brutal for this draw:confused:

·
Premium Member
62,371 Posts
Hradecka and Hlavackova not playing doubles together. Anything wrong there again?

·
Registered
699 Posts
But don't they first in other tournys with 1 LL draw with the 2 with best Ranking? so the 2 best here get IN first...?
This is from WTA Rulebook 2016:

C. DRAWS / 1. Singles Main Draw / a. Composition

v. Lucky Losers

... If there is one vacancy in the Main Draw before Qualifying is completed, then the order of the two (2) highest ranked Lucky Losers shall be randomly drawn, and thereafter the order shall follow the Lucky Losers’ rankings, unless there are two (2) or more withdrawals at the time Qualifying is completed in which case the size of the random draw will be the number of withdrawals plus one (1)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts