1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I think someone is really unlucky with draws in the last few weeks:

Gold Coast -- tough loss (3 sets) to Stosur who went on to reach two finals
Sydney -- red-hot Schnyder beats Maleeva; plays great the whole year
Melbourne -- in a great match (I saw it later) Maggie was beaten by Nadia, who even was a threat to Serena and played quite well after it
Paris -- loses to Mauresmo in the quarters with a good fight and was not being in an easier part of the draw again
Antwerp -- has to play Molik in Rd.2, who herself won Zurich Tier I and loses close again....

With a bit more of luck she could have had better results I think. She was quite unlucky and I think she showed us that she is better than in 2003/2004 and with a bit more of luck I see her in the top-15 or top-20 again....
What do you think and do you know other's who tend to have bad draws all the time, too?

·
Registered
41,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jonny84 said:
Its just bad luck that she nearly always gets drawn with a seed in second round or the most inform player.
Yeah i know and IMO she really is better this year than most of those players who are always lucky and have cakewalk draws....

·
Registered
59,395 Posts
I totally agree
Maggie can do great this year and I hope she will :)

Reactions: Epigone

·
Registered
120,635 Posts
Those are tough draws. Right before Paris, I was saying something similar about Dinara.
She had the tough draws every week.
Eventually, Maggie will get some luck.
I hope she plays doubles with Lena L. in Qatar.

·
Registered
41,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know, but they would make a great combo IMO (better than Husarova for Likhovtseva). They have been practising a lot together which makes me optimstic.

Come on Maggie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.