Tennis Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm in a huge state of shock. My day is hust ruined.
This umpire was obviously bribed by the Bulgarian Mafia.
And Amelie-melo was right not to shake her hand, though she might get a fine for that...
AND I JUST HATE IT WHEN AMELIE LOSES.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Gus said:
I'm in a huge state of shock. My day is hust ruined.
This umpire was obviously bribed by the Bulgarian Mafia.
And Amelie-melo was right not to shake her hand, though she might get a fine for that...
AND I JUST HATE IT WHEN AMELIE LOSES.
I don't followed or have seen the match but in tennis you can not only loose a match due to a bribed impire. In soccer it's possible but not in tennis. You get enough chances to win a match. And Amélie should have played better if she wanted to win the match or Magie was just too good.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wow.. what an amazing run for Maggie so far!!! Keep it up, girl!! U've beaten Venus and I can't see why she can't do it to Lindsay... Let's grab the title, Maggie!!! :D

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Congratulations Maggie ! :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congratulations to Maggie, she played really well! (and Amélie's serve let her down today). Those last few points tho'... first Amélie's volley that looked 'in' gets called 'out', then the very next point, her serve that the linejudge calls 'in', the umpire overrules and calls 'out'! ? (But of course, it wouldn't necessarily have made a difference to the outcome.) It did look as tho' Amélie didn't shake his hand (and I don't blame her!) Do players really get fined for not shaking the umpires hand at the end of a match?

But again, well played Maggie and good luck tomorrow!! :)

Amélie :sad: , but Congratulations on a 'career high ranking' of No. 4! :D Allez allez allez!! :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
25,925 Posts
Too bad for Mauresmo if she did not shake umpire's hand!
BIG players do not show their disagreement that way !!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Way too go Maggie! Too bad their isn't a Grand Slam indoors! :)

Could Maggie qualify for the Chase? Good showing for both! WIN THE TITLE MAGGIE!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Amelie was wrong not to shake the umpire's hand and bitch about calls, both in this match and her SF @ US Open.

If she had the confidence that she could reproduce good tennis consistently she wouldn't need to be petulant in order to spark some sort of good form.

And for those not watching live she made a rude gesture late in the final set which is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I saw that match, and I don't agree with you CiCi Bonus baby:mad:
She was stolen at a very important moment, twice, at once it was too much :sad:
and in the semifinal @USopen too.
She never contest when there is a doubt, but when there is an injustice, she does. And she is right
but you have notice she is much more fighter, now :drool:
do you disagree ? not me:lick:

101 - 118 of 118 Posts