Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official, Maggie is horrible!!
She lsot to Asagoe, a girl who she killed earlier this year, Maggie sucks on anything but indoors, fucking pathetic

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Asagoe is a very good player. Very consistent, with deep, flat, hard strokes. I'm not that surprised as Magdalena has been struggling a lot lately.

Magdalena :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Um, you don't sound like much of a Maggie fan to me... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Go asagoe! she really must have been focusing on maggi'es barbie hair.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
24,828 Posts
that's really too much Magdalena
there have been so many disappointments

You played as you should have only 2 tournaments - Roland Garros and Birmingham and maybe Eastbourne and Los Angeles

just see:

Sydney - A Coetzer v. M Maleeva[8] 6/4 6/1 :eek:

Australian Open - E Bovina[20] v.M Maleeva[11] 7/5 4/6 7/5
Maggie was both in the 1st and second set 5-2 up. in the third she was 2-5 down, went to 5-5 and then ... :lol"

Tokyo - L Raymond v. M Maleeva[5] 2/6 7/6(7) 6/2
Maggie won easily the first set, was a break up in the second, had 3 match points, at the end she lost the match :awww:

Doha - E Likhovtseva[5] v. M Maleeva[3] 6/4 6/2
one of the many losses to Likhovtseva :eek:

Dubai - I Tulyaganova v. M Maleeva[7] 7/6(2) 7/5
the next out of form player to beat Magdalena

In Indian Wells and Miami Maleeva lost to Sugiyama and Shaughnessy. Of course no surpise :eek:

Then came the clay court season! omg

Warsaw - A Parra[Q] v. M Maleeva[5] 6/7(0) 6/4 6/1
Don't have any words for that

Berlin - D Chladkova v. M Maleeva[11] 6/7(1) 6/1 6/4
just see the last scoreline

Eastbourne - S Farina-Elia v. M Maleeva[8] 5/7 6/4 6/4
Maggie was 7-5 3-0 up in this match BUT ... If Maleeva had won this match she would have entered Top 10 :eek:

Wimbledon - P Suarez v. M Maleeva[12] 2/6 6/2 6/3
after the great match against Barna in R1 and the very good grass season came of course the disappointment :tape: :tape:

San Diego - E Likhovtseva v. M Maleeva[10] 6/4 6/3
:confused:

Los Angeles - A Sugiyama[4] v. M Maleeva[6] 6/2 4/6 6/2
In R2 Maggie finally defeated Likhovtseva 6-3 6-3 in R3 beat 6-0 6-3 Ruano Pascual

Toronto - M Serna v. M Maleeva[6] 2/6 6/3 6/4
re-match of the match against Suarez at Wimbledon

New Haven - M Serna v. M Maleeva[6] 7/6(4) 6/3
:devil: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Any comments???

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
As a spectator at the match in BMh, Maggie did not kill Shino, and Shino was able to collect her champagne without too much discomfort. However someone did collapse in the stands during that match...

Thw match on Bmh was a lot closer then the scorline suggests.

Shino played very well today as well.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
24,828 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
As a spectator at the match in BMh, Maggie did not kill Shino, and Shino was able to collect her champagne without too much discomfort. However someone did collapse in the stands during that match...

Thw match on Bmh was a lot closer then the scorline suggests.

Shino played very well today as well.
:confused:

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
I told someone on this board that Asagoe would take out Maleeva, and they told me that they talked to Shinobu and she said that she hated playing Maleeva because her game didn't match up well, but I still thought Asagoe would make the fourth round beating potentially Dokic in the third round.

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
A very shocking stat about Maggie this year: She hasn't beaten a player ranked above her after her win over Farina in Sydney.
Eleni was seeded higher at DFS Classic but ranking wise Maggie was higher. So that win doesn't count.
Maggie has been really struggling. As a Japanese, I'm very happy for Shinobu, though I would ve been happier with Maggie winning. I thought this was going to be her best chance to make it the further than the QF. She ruined another great opportunity like she has been doing all year around. She's been getting really nice draws week in week out. She could have made semis at Tokyo, Rome, Toronto. She ruined them all....

·
Banned
3,308 Posts
Another shocking stat: she hasn't faced many top players as she has lost to so many lower ranked players. I wonder how many tournaments she has lived up to her seeding in... As far as I can remember, that's only at FO, DFS.... I would like to know if there's any other event in whish she lived up to her seeding...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.