Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2050 Posts

· Registered
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion she's the most talented player out of all our girls born in 1992. She's now in semis of a very strong 10k in Turkey and during past 2 weeks she's beaten some very good players including former WTA #83 Beygelzimer :)

· Registered
18,731 Posts
Yeah, I also though she's our most talented one but she was crashed by Paula in Indoor Nationals which convinced me who's the boss ;) + my friend saw them both in Zawada and was more impressed with Paula [I saw only Paula]. Still I think Magda has a game and can make it to wta top100. :) She's now making a transition to the pro tour - I hope she makes it well. ;) She told this year from juniors she will play grandslams if she has a good ranking for that. :) Now she's playing 10k quallies in Torrent (Spain). As a top seed she had bye, now she's playing a Russian - Irina Tregub (unranked), good luck - win it all ;)

· Registered
2,525 Posts
Magda played well imo, she was dictating the play, Paula made too mistakes in this match, while Magda hardly made any. It'll be interesting to see now how she plays against a tougher opponent, Anna Chakvetadze.

· Registered
18,731 Posts
Magda was on fire yesterday :eek: I've never seen her playing like that. Hardly no UE - mainly forced errors like Wozniacki :lol:. She has her chances against Chacky tomorrow. However, I don't think she will win to Bojana tomorrow unless the Serb will tank her match in order to leave to Paris. :)

· Registered
18,731 Posts
who do you think is the boss now, Angelescu? :devil:

btw,
Linette - Chak 4-6 6-4 :bolt: :eek:
Hmm... What I can say - surface was very slow because of the weather which was better for Magda as she has consistent strokes and can play longer rallies, commits much less errors than Paula. Paula needs a faster courts so then she can play her true game - this is what I see after seeing her in Opole indoors and her on really slushy, wet clay.

Magda was good. No fireworks and great winners like Paula can do but a very solid baseline game. She resembles me of Caro Wozniacki's game. Seriously not my favourite game style but it works for her. :)

Chacky was in very poor form anyway :help:

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Yes, here is Magda's section of the draw:

Veronica Cepede Royg PAR (14) v Sabine Van Der Sar NED
Magda Linette POL v Saisai Zheng CHN
Andrea Gamiz VEN v Laetitia Sarrazin FRA
Agustina Sol Eskenazi ARG v Irina Khromacheva RUS (3)

· Registered
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice revenge Magda :yeah: Last year Vero won 3 10k titles on clay so this is a very good win indeed :)
Thank God we have Magda because the rest of our juniors sucks so much lately :tape: But Magda keeps on shining ;)

1 - 20 of 2050 Posts