1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
87,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
115,447 Posts
When Sabalenka plays well you wonder why she never makes a slam run. She has a YEC level game when she is on

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
8 Aces, 25 winners/ 13 UE.

Her power is just awesome, it's totally on her racquet. Her level of play this year is great, behind only Ash & Mugu I would say.
Sabalenka/Mertens will be interesting, but I fear for Elise, Aryna is in the zone.
Could well be another Barty/Sabalenka final.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,972 Posts

Her power is just awesome, it's totally on her racquet. Her level of play this year is great, behind only Ash & Mugu I would say.
Sabalenka/Mertens will be interesting, but I fear for Elise, Aryna is in the zone.
I will be rooting hard for Mertens tomorrow and if Aryna gets past her I will be rooting for whoever she faces in the semis (probably Muchova or Sakkari). But yeah, I agree with you, Aryna is going to be tough to beat and she is looking pretty good for making the final (at least) right now. It may take Barty to dismiss her again. It will certainly take a very strong performance from someone to defeat her, Aryna is playing some fierce tennis, undeniably.

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
I wanted Pegula to win as I dislike Aryna (particularly for thar very loud grunting) but frankly Sabalenka is a bad match-up for her. And today she was hardly missing those bombs. It was incredible how many times her groundstrokes caught the baseline today. Jessica's face expressed disbelief and even Cicak was smiling with that 'oh well ...' look on her.

Reactions: MoonballPusher

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

And yet 2 of those 3 players have severely underachieved at the Majors. The upcoming 2-3 months for Aryna and Ash are going to be hugely telling.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Seeing Aryna play so good and have good runs on her worst surface :) (y):D
Surely, a deep slam run is coming in 2021.

Reactions: NikolaiMoller

·
Registered
Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Bianca Andreescu, Ashleigh Barty
30 Posts
A totally unlikeable person and player! She's this generations Karolina Pliskova! Playing a solid brand of tennis at P5 events, and unable to capitalize at the slams. Although I suppose Pliskova's slam F and SF far outweigh anything aryna will accomplish in the foreseeable future

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
When Sabalenka plays well you wonder why she never makes a slam run. She has a YEC level game when she is on
Shit happens when you run into the greatest athlete in human history in Australia R16 AND that's on period.

·
Registered
13,902 Posts
2014 Wimbledon final teas from Sabalenka in this tournament. Completely smothering opponents who aren’t even playing that badly.

·
Premium Member
182,068 Posts
thats how to deal with a clay court clown

·
Registered
115 Posts
She is getting better, people should be afraid. She is close to transforming into Galactus, and she seems to be genuinely happy doing nothing other than bashing balls all day and night.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Only caught the end but it was a pretty scary level from her. Must be feeling confident to be going for broke like that on a clay court, even in Madrid. Nothing Pegula could do.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sad result indeed but the way Sabalenka played today she would have beaten virtually anybody. Oh well, hope Pegula will have better results in Madrid and RG

1 - 20 of 37 Posts