Tennis Forum banner

1 - 21 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talented shotmaker :love: :love: :love: exposes Golden Era Halep.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Talented shotmaker pusher exposes Golden Era Halep.
corrected

otoh, this may be the beginning of the end for Simona.
She seems to follow the path of her fellow Angie Kerber.
And I have a feeling an important "contribution" for that comes from that fatty dude who was sitting in the stands next to Cahill.
Time for her haters to reopen her falling cometh thread...

·
Registered
87,262 Posts
Halep with her " QF is enough" attitude...

·
Art & Futures
21,104 Posts

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
What a fight!

Mertens will never be my favourite player but she gets an A+ for effort. Behind so many times but kept fighting till she got Simona on the ropes.

Simona started to become agitated and cranky from the end of set 2. Basically gave that set away with a sudden lack of energy and made lethal mistakes. End of set 3 almost identical.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I have NEVER seen Halep play this bad on clay, NEVER. Its one thing when she's blown off the court by some big hitter, but this.....

To me this match feels like the start of her decline.

Props to Elise who played very well in the 3rd set, but Halep should have really closed it in 2.

·
Registered
Ksenia Efremova
331 Posts
Wow, I really didn t expect this :D So I guess winner of Barty/Kvitova match will also win whole tournament.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Huge applause to Mertens. very Huge. This was one of the milestones of her career in many aspects. First of all, no one was expecting her to win today since she was always losing to top players in the big tournaments. Second one has to have steel nerves and proffesionalism for not having a major regression after losing the Istanbul Final to Basictea. Third she wanted to win today a lot against one of the best players of this surface and won!

·
Registered
34,096 Posts
Simona is not doing very much this year so far…

Nice for Elise to finally beat a real top player! And getting her form again in general after the underwhelming Charleston and Istanbul results.

1 - 21 of 98 Posts